Feeling sooo anxious...

mollysadventure
on 4/20/12 4:26 pm - WA
RNY on 06/26/12
I am on my way to RNY, with a program through BCBS called turning point...6 months of medically supervised weight loss program, working with a health coach, and hav e a great nutrionist. This has actually been a great experience. I have done everything, psych eval, lost weight, etc. I am scheduled for a 4 hour class Wednesday, then surgical consultation after that. They should submit all to my insurance for approval in around 2 weeks.
Today, I talk to a girl I know who said her mom was doing the same program, but missed an appt with her doc, now she has to start over............So I am freaking out, I missed an appt with my doc in February as I had a death in the family, but have seen someone every month besides that.  Grrrr I really don't want to start all over again. Apparently there was some clause in the insurance program that states if you go more than 4 months without a doc visit then you must redo the 6 months supervised weight loss program. I saw my doc in October, the nutrionist in Dec and Jan....nothing in Feb and then Doc again in March. So that would put me at a 5 month gap between actual MD appts. Anyone have any advice? dealt with this program before?? Would love to hear that I am freaking out over nothing! LOL! Thank you.
PS I love this forum, just found it a week ago and am hooked and on here every night!

Scaura
on 4/20/12 4:34 pm - Fort Collins, CO
My surgeons (not insurance) required 3 months of continuous nut classes prior to consult.  If you missed, you started over.  Now with insurance, if that is the requirement, they may make you start over.  However, you had extreme cir****tances and there may be provisions for that in the policy.However, I have never found 3rd hand information particularly helpful or reliable so it certainly looks like more investigation on your part is warranted.

Laura
HW: 311  SW:264 (size 24)  CW: 174 (size 14)  Surgeon's Goal: 176 My GW: 149
Weight Loss Month 1: 20 pounds!  Weight Loss Month 2: 17 pounds!
Weight Loss Month 3: 12 pounds!  Weight Loss Month 4: 10 pounds!

Weight Loss Month 5: 12 pounds!  Weight Loss Month 6: 6 pounds!

Weight Loss Month 7: 6 pounds!   Weight Loss Month 8:

25 pound to my goal!

mollysadventure
on 4/20/12 4:56 pm - WA
RNY on 06/26/12
Yes, I will be calling insurance and surgery center  first thing Monday morning. There may be more to the story with the other woman also. Thanks for the advise!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 428 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 385 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 299 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 427 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 299 views