Help me loose my final 20 pounds

araynard29
on 4/22/12 12:16 am
I want to loose 20 more pounds before I go on vacation in two months...If I start the diet over again will I loose fast?  I am 2 years out
tipa
on 4/22/12 12:50 am
 hello,,, i am also 2 years out on sept 27... and i also want to lose 20 more to be at my goal i am at 185 now..i want to be at 165 and i am srtruggling,, i know if i totaly stop the soda i can get there ... ijust ned to stay focused... we have come this far so 20 pounds should be easy for us! we can do it! wwhat do you eat in a normal day?  you can add me on face book my name is alante tipa! 
araynard29
on 4/22/12 7:13 am
https://www.facebook.com/#!/amanda.raynard

here is mine I couldn't find you
plum21
on 4/22/12 3:31 am - Miami, FL
 I'm two years out and want to lose 20 more pounds, too.
I haven[t ost any weight since November. I've increased my calories, decreased them, cut carbs, increased exercise...My body is stuck on 165... going nowhere fast.

Mary Catherine
on 4/22/12 4:25 am
 That fast weight loss for the first year or so after surgery is a once in a lifetime for almost everyone.  After two years it is not only much harder to lose weight, but the body will get better at absorbing calories and will try to gain another twenty pounds during the third year.

A good place to start is livestrong.com.  You can enter your weigh and goal weight and see how many calories per day and how long to reach the goal.  Your best friend in this is your scale.  Weigh every day and stay out of denial.  
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 4/22/12 7:22 am - OH
You can lose weight, of course, but at 2 years out, you will not have any help from the surgery except from your pouch size because by now your body has been able to overcome almost all of the caloric malabsorption.  So it will be just as difficult as it was pre-op other than the fact that it takes less food to fill your tummy... and you will not lose any faster than your did pre-op.  Going back to basics, however... meaning small portions (measure if you have to, since it is easy to let portion sizes creep up), eating protein first always, very limited carbs, and lots of water (but not with, or right after, meals)... is your best bet to cut the calories in a healthy way.  It will also reinforce the healthy eating habits rather than reinforcing a dieting mentality.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 473 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 430 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 363 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 447 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 363 views