+/- 2 years out. Want to lose pesky last 15 pounds

plum21
on 4/30/12 1:38 am - Miami, FL
 I'm looking for someone roughly two years out who still needs to lose that pesky last ten - twenty pounds. I've been at the same weight since November and although my weight is good, I want it to be lower. I have read enough to know about bounce back and want to lose at least 15 more pounds, just in case. Where I am now, is okay, but if I bounce back twenty pounds from here, I'll be uncomfortable. I'm clearly past my window of opportunity, so I'm going to put some hard work in in the next few months to lose these last pesky pounds. Anyone want to join me? Keep me company? I eat well mostly, but have cleaned out the cupboard of pesky carbs - no crackers, no bread rounds at least for the next week. I'm doubling up on my protein and increasing my already active exercise routine.

Anyone? Anyone?

Lori320
on 4/30/12 2:15 am
Count me in!!! Your story pretty much mirrors mine.....I have 20 pounds left for my surgeons goal. Let's get this started!!!

Lori
Highest Weight 403

Ruby_Trout
on 4/30/12 2:36 am - Canada
I am in the same canoe. Im with you.  

Ruby Trout 

hedrider
on 4/30/12 5:27 am - Midlothian, TX
I'd like to relose my bounceback weight, or at the very minimum hold it at bay where it is!  It's roughly 8-10 pounds depending on the day.  :)  So I'm in as well.

I've slacked on the running lately so I need to take that back up again... and carbs have become my drug of choice - they go down so much easier than everything else does.
Heather
Since 2008 my team has raised over $42,000 to fight breast cancer.

rhondanewme
on 4/30/12 6:15 am, edited 4/30/12 6:15 am - Grantsboro, NC
Count me in too. I still need to lose 15-16 lbs to get to my doc's goal. I was 8 lbs away but gained 7-8 lbs 5-6 months ago and can't seem to get rid of them. I need to up my exercise but I've had a pulled hip flexor in left leg and then pulled muscle in right hip (that may be bursitis) so I'm afraid of more injuries and lost work. Each of those kept me out of work a week and on prednisone and I SO don't want to go there again. Any suggestions?
  HW- 297      SW- 280      GW- 178       LW-  184      CW- 190

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference...

WE CAN DO HARD THINGS!!!
plum21
on 4/30/12 6:47 am - Miami, FL
 Hey everybody,
This looks like a great group. So now what? I know my goals:
150 by 13 July. 
Back off the cabs (crackers are my big thing)
Increase my protein by one shake a day.
Increase my exercise by one hour a day. I run and swim now. Thinking of adding yoga for flexibility.

Today is my first day. 
So far, no carbs. I got rid of all of them in my house (by eating them yesterday)
I also need to back off the vino in the evening, at least until I see some movement on the scale.

What do you want? When do you want it? How you gonna get it?

missjann
on 4/30/12 12:44 pm
I have the last 15 pounds to lose and it's high time to get to it. I have about 9 lbs of bounce-back weight to get off. Honestly, 10 lbs would make me happy, but 15 would make me happier and I still would be 10 lbs from my personal goal, which I'm willing to give up at this point.

I'm putting carbs aside and I'm going to plan and log my food every day, plus water (gack). I still hate water...always will.

Also, starting today, I'm doing a walking program daily. It's simple enough and I'll work in a nice aerobics program.

I'm ready to do this!  I will no****ch the scale creep up....not gonna go there.

I'm with you all!  We should name our group and do a post here daily or weekly for support...I'm willing to put it all out there..the good, the bad  and the ugly.  Anybody else game? 
    Jan

lynnc99
on 4/30/12 10:27 pm
Joining in....I will hit 3 years out July 15 and want to drop 10 lbs. by that date. Back to the gym today! I am great with my protein and fluids, but indeed a few carbs have crept back in. Watching those, daily weight checks, and the exercise will be my primary tools!
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 466 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 425 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 441 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views