Positive steps!

longhornrose
on 4/30/12 4:12 am - South Texas
RNY on 09/13/12
One of the biggest hurdles I need to overcome to be successful with WLS is exercise.  It's never been one of my favorite things to do, and now that I'm holder and have developed arthritis, it's even less so.  All that being said, though, I know it will be critical to my success to change that aspect of my life.

So. . . I went to my local YWCA on Saturday, and signed myself up!  I'm excited to get started, just need to work out some kind of schedule with my husband.  Besides the fact he likes to go to his gym (not the Y) too, and we have only one car, we'll have to work out a schedule.  But whatever it takes, I'm ready!  Also went to Academy so I could get some new athletic shoes.  I found I actually outgrew my old ones! 

Anyway, I'm excited and ready to completely change my life, and looking forward to actually getting my surgery soon.  (Probably July 6.)

Beth

Consult WT: 312   SW274   CW: 244

BWB
on 4/30/12 4:16 am
 You will see results!  I hate to go too and used every excuse that I could think of last week but went again today and it felt good.  Put it at the top of your priority list.

longhornrose
on 4/30/12 4:25 am - South Texas
RNY on 09/13/12
Thanks for the support, and congrats to you for your success! 

Beth

Consult WT: 312   SW274   CW: 244

Skinnygirlme
on 4/30/12 5:44 am - UT
RNY on 09/05/12
 Good luck to you!!!
  I believe in me...the best is yet to be!                        
paranoidmother21
on 4/30/12 5:56 am - Lake Zurich, IL
That's wonderful! I found that once my body got accustomed to moving, it missed it on the days I didn't go, and I started doing things around the house (wall push-offs, that sort of thing) to keep going! It's a great part of the journey!
Rebecca
Circumferential LBL, anchor TT, BL/BR, brachioplasty 12-16-10 Drs. Howard and Gutowski

Thigh lift 3-24-11, Drs. Howard and Gutowski again!
Height 5' 5".  Start point 254.  DH's goal: 154.  My guess: 144.  Insurance goal: 134.  Currently bouncing around 130-135.