Pre-OP Liquid Diet

candlelady
on 5/5/12 12:25 pm
IS ANYBODY HAVING PROBLEMS WITH THE 2 WEEK PRE OP LIQUID DIET?  I'M ON DAY 4 AND I'M STARVING!!!  WANT TO EAT FOOD SO BAD....HAS ANYBODY EVER CHEATED ON THIS?
A. C
on 5/5/12 12:34 pm
you can do this - YOU CAN!

it's hard, it sucks, some people have cheated yes.. but you can DO THIS i believe in you!

it gets better after a couple of days

good luck!

HW: 376   SW: 354  

Hollie313
on 5/5/12 12:47 pm - MI
RNY on 05/09/12
I am on day 11.  I can assure you that it does get better.  Mine got better after 4 days, but everyone is different.  Just remember the purpose is to shrink your liver to make surgery easier.  Also, from what I hear it's the worst part of the whole surgery experience.  Keep your head up.  It's only temporary.....you can do it!! 

Surgery: 5/9/12              HW: 302           SW:  287.6        CW:  158

snoopy123
on 5/5/12 12:51 pm
 Yes it is hard!!!!!! But you will get through it. Dring LOTS of protein shakes. That will fill you up.  The power of positive thinking. Think of the end result. That will make you stay with it..  You WILL make it 
 SW:244CURRENT WEIGHT 183    
onmom
on 5/5/12 1:00 pm
I am just finished day 4. What keeps me form cheating is If I cheat it will just take me out of Ketosis and increase my feelings of hunger when I restart. Besides I f I can't do this for 14 days how can I do the rest of the program for LIFE.

Drink water, flavour are wonderful.

Make your no sugar jello.

Hot broth feels like a meal if you have to sip it especially with a little herbs to spice it up.

Then walk or do something to keep busy.

Remember this Opti diet is to shrink your liver making surgery saver for you as well as giving you the health benifit of having less fat in your liver.
1Haute Diva
on 5/5/12 1:03 pm - Fort Stewart, GA
RNY on 03/20/12
It seems like for all of us it got better after day 4. So just think of it as the worse days are behind you! You can do this!!!
- Shaw

candlelady
on 5/5/12 1:42 pm
Thanks everyone for your supportive words!!
(deactivated member)
on 5/5/12 1:46 pm - Round Lake, IL
RNY on 04/20/12
I have to be honest an admit that I did cheat twice and had a chicken breast for dinner twice.  Day 4 is definately the hardest day and you're already there!  It gets SO much easier after day 4/5.  Good luck and stay strong!  Try adding things to your protein shakes with ice.  Another "treat" that I loved is I made watermelon slushes.  Watermelon, ice, water and splenda....blend.  HEAVEN!
(deactivated member)
on 5/5/12 2:06 pm
My Dietician said broth is ok to drink.....it helps with the hunger. I haven't started yet its in about 2 months.
dgl
on 5/5/12 10:44 pm
...and I thought my 3 day pre-op liquid diet was tough!
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 457 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 354 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 354 views