Aversion to seeing or smelling food after I eat...

Sunbunnyqt
on 5/6/12 5:14 am - FL
I can't remember how many times I've had to excuse myself from the table and gone to sit in the car/get some fresh air if we are out at a restaurant or wait to clean up after a meal if we are at home. Sometimes I just get sick and queasy by seeing or smelling food.

I am a little over 6 months out and it seems to be getting worse instead of better. It makes me feel bad to leave my husband to finish his meal and pay the check but I can't risk getting deathly ill in public. I've tried deep breathing and that doesn't help.

Has anyone else experienced this problem after RNY?
(deactivated member)
on 5/6/12 5:21 am - waukesha, WI
Yes but is so much less than before.   Our senses become more aware.  People stink to me.  At times, I can't stand the smell of myself or my house ect.  This I am told will pass.  There is one person in my support group that is really sensitive to sound.  Go figure!  I had surgery a day before you!
(deactivated member)
on 5/6/12 6:23 am
RNY on 04/18/12
It is weird.  My sense of smell and taste are extremely keen these days.  I can't stand to take in anything sweet -- most times I drink my protein mixed with chicken or beef broth.  I was highly aware that my husband was eating nacho cheese flavored Doritos when we watched a movie earlier today... the smell was so intense!  When he finished them, I asked him to remove the bag because I could smell them just sitting there!  I wonder if this will pass in a few months.
tcunningham
on 5/7/12 2:41 am - Bay Minette, AL
I still have that problem, sometimes no as bad though and I will be 2yrs out on the 24th. Hopefully it will get better for you. 

Timeka

Addie1od
on 5/7/12 4:07 am - philadlephia, PA
i have had to leave a restaurant if even for a few minutes after i am done eating. the smells are overpowering and just make me sick. when i am not hungry, i cant even look at or think about food and nothing looks appetizing at all. but smells, yea uber sensitive!
Be well, and always - take care of you!
a.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 454 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 413 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 353 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 436 views
Recent Topics