White film on tongue?

Texan-In-Seattle
on 5/13/12 7:55 am
RNY on 05/07/12
Hey everyone!

I had my RNY last monday and for the past few days have noticed what seems to be a white "film" on my tongue. Is this a side effect of the ketosis/ full liquid diet I am on?

I have been very careful to maintain fluids and protein so I am hesitent to call it dehydration...but this is my first foray into RNY (of course ).

knowbetterdobetter
on 5/13/12 7:57 am - FL
RNY on 03/26/12
I had the same thing. I had ulcers so I couldnt drink very much at all. At most I drank 22 ounces per day. I thought it was from dehydration but I didnt ask or find out because I was too busy trying to get the ulcers healed. Hopefully someone will chime in with a better response.
AUDREY A.
on 5/13/12 7:59 am - McKinney, TX
Revision on 03/21/12

Could it be Thrush????? 

Audrey

Texan-In-Seattle
on 5/13/12 8:02 am
RNY on 05/07/12
My wife is thinking it's thrush too. Tomorrow is my 1st post-op, so I will ask my doctor.

richarddavis196
on 5/13/12 8:32 am - VA
I had the same thing for about a week out. Once I started something other than all liquids, it started to go away.

Good Luck

grmadeb01
on 5/13/12 1:00 pm - FL
i came down with a yeast infection at about the 2 week post op time frame, same time as major constipation issue...my poor PCM...i went in and hes like "you look great, how are you feeling" me...."i have a yest infection, i cant poop and my period started...FIX IT!!!!" and there was no please with that..but he did fix 2 of the ones he could fix...
its pretty common to get yeast after surgery due to all of the antiboitics they give us....but it most likely sounds like thrush with is a yeast

good luck, dont let it get too bad...yogurt helps
debby
ElleBW
on 5/14/12 12:38 am - WA
I've had both thrush and dehydration. Trush seems to be more patchy than film like and mind went down into my esophogus. Eating also was near impossible. BUT easily treatable. When I was in the ER for dehydration, I asked about the while film and they said that was an indicator. It didn't hurt and I was still able to eat and drink (what I could from being sick!) I hope that helps. Good luck and feel better!!!

Elle BW
Be kinder than necessary, because everyone you meet is fighting some sort of battle.                                                                                        
                                                                                               Paulo Coelho