Hunger

Pamofyork
on 5/23/12 11:49 am
RNY on 05/15/12
 I understand that I am not supposed tow feel hungry. But I have had no hunger at all since surgery 8 days ago. Did anyone else have this? Do the hunger sensations eventually come back?
Stormy Sky
on 5/23/12 11:52 am
 My hunger sensations haven't come back & it will be 8 years next month.
   Now my head hunger is another story & that is emotional, so I deal with it at all times.

Stormy

poet_kelly
on 5/23/12 12:13 pm - OH
Yes, hunger comes back, at least for most people.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

JJ_
on 5/23/12 12:14 pm
I do occasionally experience hunger pangs....they are not strong at all and could ignore them.

I am 5 months out.

Judy
K B.
on 5/23/12 12:21 pm
RNY on 04/30/12
I am only 3.5 weeks out, but I do not get hungry at all. I make sure I eat and get my protein shakes in along with my liquids. It is hard at times because I have to force myself to eat when I don't even feel like I want to!
soozieq
on 5/23/12 12:33 pm
I'm 5 wks post op and I get hungry
Suzanne    RNY:  4/17/12  -   HW:  267  -   SW: - 256  -   GW:  150           
Strjen
on 5/23/12 1:11 pm - Fargo, ND
RNY on 02/22/12
13 weeks post op & still no hunger.

Highest weight : 315 lbs, Surgery weight: 298.5 lbs, Current weight: 183.5 lbs

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 5/23/12 2:25 pm - OH
Ya, for most people both the physical hunger and appetite come back within a few months, sometimes much earlier.  For a few, like me, the appetite and head hunger come back, but the physical hunger does not (Well, I am assuming that, at almost 5 years out, mine is never coming back...)

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Kmtuwnnabe
on 5/23/12 2:45 pm - GA
RNY on 05/11/12
I get hunger but its completely different from before. I dont get that gnawing feeling that im going to be sick like before surgery. now its just like an empty feeling with a little strange feeling. Nothing I cant ignore. But its actually just shown up recently so im dealing with it. The head hunger is a whole different story.....My mind is begging me for a chicken sandwich...You just have to be stronger then that thoughts!

FireOpal
on 5/23/12 2:48 pm
RNY on 05/15/12
I also had my RNY on 5/15 and I'm still in the clear liquids diet phase. I don't feel physical hunger, however, I do get pictures in my head of all my favorite foods.

I eat because I have to so that I can fulfill the protein requirements and have hot broth because I feel cold all the time now.

My hope is to never experience hunger again.

Good luck to you.
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 351 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 349 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 293 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 462 views