7 weeks out and fustrated...

I_must_be_crazy
on 5/30/12 2:01 am
I am envious of the people who have had an easy time after surgery,  I have not been lucky with this.  I am now 7 weeks out and the last two weeks I have lost only 1 pound.  I have not cheated at all,  I do what I am susposed to do.  I hope this does not continue.  Any one else have this problem? 
oceansunset70
on 5/30/12 2:05 am - RI
yes that happen to me at the beginning...didnt loose anything for 2 months but 3 lbs and then poof 28 lbs lost in 1 week ...lol..my dr told me that will happen and keep the faith it will break.. Right now as speak im in a 2 month stall..i know im still loosing inches but not seeing it on the scale..that will happen too..:) dont get frustrated it happens to all of us...:)
I_must_be_crazy
on 5/30/12 10:13 pm
just noticed we have the same doctor :)   thanks for your post!!! 
Marilyn101
on 5/30/12 2:06 am - FL
I know it is hard because you want to see the scale numbers drop, but give f it some time your body is going through allot of changes, and will continue too. The weight will come off. You stated you are not cheating but are you exercising, taking in your protein, water,vitamins. all of these factor in to your success. I am sure you will do great.
poet_kelly
on 5/30/12 2:07 am - OH
Everyone has weeks that they lose little or nothing.  That's just how weight loss works.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Wanda K.
on 5/30/12 2:14 am - Hope Mills, NC
RNY on 04/09/12
Get rid of the scale and measure.  I didn't lose much weight in the first two weeks, and yes I realize it is 7 weeks for you but how are your clothes fitting.  I know I had to have mine pulled in and my summer clothes from last year don't fit.  Even though my scale hadn't moved much, my clothes were fitting much better.  Good luck and keep positive.  You will be on the loser bench before you know it. 

Wanda 

HW: 282, SW: 244.4, CW: 211, GW: 140   

chatterpam
on 5/30/12 3:10 am - PA
Same thing happened/happens to me... keep doing what they tell you to do and the scale will move.

punky253
on 5/30/12 4:33 am - VA
 RELAX- one of the very important things so well discussed in meetings before my surgery.  Its so important to collect all the information and be well informed prior to sugery so people won't have these feelings of panic.  However I will say...Even though I was WELL INFORMED and was told to EXPECT it- I still got a little uneasy when the weeks following about 6-8 weeks out I did not lose a lb.  Your body is in major shock and is holding on thinking your starving it.  Its normal and it will kick back in and you will start losing again.    As a matter of fact we were told in our last class- "What ever you do guys DO NOT CALL ME IN A PANIC when your body kicks into wanting to not allow you to shed for a week hear and there".  

Trust me most of us can relate-BUT...its normal!
punky253
on 5/30/12 4:35 am - VA
 Oh and YES do make sure you try to get your protein in!!!
I_must_be_crazy
on 5/30/12 10:19 pm
Thank you all for your posts...  I took every class I could before surgery, and read multiple books and talked to A LOT of people who had surgery before getting my surgery so I was very well informed,  I guess I have just been fustrated so much lately because this has been a difficult road for me.  I really appreciate all the support you guys are great!!