Breakfast

itsjustmeyousee
on 6/3/12 8:06 am
 I wish someone would make the frozen breakfast scrambles WLS friendly. They all have bread or potatoes in them......if I eat eggs in the morning, I am full until lunch. I can not motivate myself to cook in the morning.....oh the woes of laziness. I usually hae 1 hour to get up and ready and out the door....anyone have pre made egg ideas?
LisaAnne
10/18/10

wendydettmer
on 6/3/12 8:09 am - Rochester, NY
you can make a quick crustless quiche and just warm it up. i make them for my DH using a muffin tin.

Follow my vegan transition at www.bariatricvegan.com
HW:288    CW:146.4   GW: 140    RNY: 12/22/11  

poet_kelly
on 6/3/12 9:31 am - OH
What if you made yourself a scramble in the evening and then heated it in the microwave in the morning?  You could probably make two or three servings at one time, and then just keep it in the fridge for a few days.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

OldmanJim
on 6/3/12 10:52 am - AZ
Hello again Kelly.

I saw you recently answered this post and I am hoping you can address something for me.  I've been using BA protein drink since I got home from the hospital and I am at the bottom of the tub.  It costs Like $37 for just 21 shakes.  That's too expensive for me even though it is good.  Is there anything you recommend from Wal-Mart or GNC that I can pick up on short notice.  Likewise is there a product you would order on-line? 

One other thing.  I asked you about the calcium citrate I ordered from BA and told you I couldn't stand it.  You suggested that I call BA and I did.  They are sending me a free sample pack and will exchange my 2 unopened jars.

Thanks loads for all your help.

Jim
poet_kelly
on 6/3/12 11:13 am - OH
I've never bought protein powder at either of those places.  I think Walmart has one called Body Fortress that some people like.  Look for something that is whey isolate.

I'm glad BA is exchanging the calcium crystals for you.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

OldmanJim
on 6/3/12 11:33 am - AZ
Thanks again!
ChellbyB
on 6/3/12 11:20 am - CA
RNY on 03/21/12
 Target has a whey isolate protein powder in their brand (Market Pantry). It's $20 a tub and can be found near the protein bars. It's good and reasonably priced. 
 Chellby

"That which doesn't kill me had better be able to RUN pretty darn fast!"

OldmanJim
on 6/3/12 11:32 am - AZ
Thank you I appreceiate the suggestion.  I might try this.
Kat Kat
on 6/3/12 9:52 pm, edited 6/3/12 9:56 pm - AZ

I read this post by "Lovemypugs" a while ago, and these recipes come in really handy during the week for me. I mainly keep it simple by adding a little shredded cheese and salsa.

Hope you enjoy these too!
Kat

Pizza! Pizza! Egg Mug Ingredients:
2 tbsp. canned crushed tomatoes
1/8 tsp. Italian seasoning
1/2 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute (like
Egg Beaters Original)
1 wedge
The Laughing Cow Light Original Swiss cheese
6 slices turkey pepperoni (like the kind by Hormel), chopped
1/2 tsp. reduced-fat Parmesan-style grated topping

Directions:
Season crushed tomatoes with Italian seasoning and set aside.

Spray a large microwave-safe mug lightly with nonstick spray. Add egg substitute and cheese wedge, breaking the cheese wedge into pieces as you add it. Microwave for 1 minute.

Stir gently, and then microwave for another 30 seconds.

Mix in seasoned tomatoes and pepperoni. Microwave for another 30 seconds, until scramble is just set.

Stir lightly, and then sprinkle with grated topping. Allow to cool a bit, and then ENJOY!

MAKES 1 SERVING
CALIFORNIA LOVE MUG
Ingredients:
1/2 cup chopped fresh spinach
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
1/2 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters Original)
2 tbsp. diced tomatoes
1 wedge The Laughing Cow Light Original Swiss cheese
2 tbsp. diced avocado

Directions:
Spray a large microwave-safe mug lightly with nonstick spray. Add spinach and mushrooms, and microwave for 1 - 2 minutes, until softened.

Blot any excess moisture from the veggies. Add egg substitute, tomatoes, and cheese wedge, breaking the cheese wedge into pieces as you add it. Microwave for 1 minute.

Stir gently, and then microwave for an additional 45 - 60 seconds, until scramble is just set.

Lightly stir, and allow to cool slightly. Top with avocado and eat up!

MAKES 1 SERVING
IT’S ALL GREEK TO ME EGG MUG Ingredients:
1/2 cup chopped fresh spinach
1/4 cup chopped red onion
1/2 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters Original)
2 tbsp. diced tomatoes
2 tbsp. crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
1/2 tbsp. chopped fresh basil

Directions:
Spray a large microwave-safe mug with nonstick spray. Add spinach and onion, and microwave for 1 - 2 minutes, until softened.

Blot any excess liquid from veggies. Add egg substitute and microwave for 1 minute.

Stir gently. Add all other ingredients and lightly stir. Return to microwave for 45 - 60 seconds, until scramble is just set.

Gently stir, and then allow to cool slightly. Dig in!

MAKES 1 SERVING
1. Don't worry if the contents of your mug expand and rise to crazy-high heights while in the microwave. This is okay and expected. They'll calm down after you're done nuking them.

2. Our egg mug recipes are 100000% guilt-free. Sometimes we eat two at a time. Sometimes we pair one with a lovely Fuji. Just sayin'...

3. On the go? Wrap your microwave-made scramble in a high-fiber tortilla or stuff it inside a Sandwich Thin. Mmmmm!!!

4. Brush up on Hungry Girl history. Check out our original egg mug email -- packed with SIX MORE nukeable scrambles -- by clicking here! http://www.hungry-girl.com/

oxfordcat
on 6/4/12 7:15 am - NJ
i have also made a quick "omelet" in a ziploc baggie.  You take your egg, cheese, salt etc and put in a ziploc.  You mu**** all around.  Drop it in boiling water for about 1 min and 1/2 and it cooks thru and rolls out like a little omelet.

"Something has changed within me. Something is not the same". Elphaba    
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 463 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 421 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?