in a daze

teresa C.
on 6/4/12 11:45 pm - meridian, MS
Not even sure were to begin, on July 18,2012 will be 4 years since my Gastric-Bypass. I did lose alto of weight but somehow backslide from were i was. I need to get back on the right track and get these 45lbs off of me. I can tell it has affected me because my back hurts way more than did, also my right knee throbs alto more. However as of last month I did start keeping a food journal again. I also have my daughter keeping a food journal. We seem to be on the right track but now my question is how can I avoid a backslide again?
Enjoying the new life I have. May everyone be as pleased with surgery as I was. 

Sweet T

momjan
on 6/4/12 11:59 pm - Canada
Biggest way to avoid a backslide...journal, be concious of everything you put in your mouth and everything you stock in the house that is not on your food plan.  Keep your proteins up and your 'bad' carbs low...so avoid the processed foods...crackers, cookies, etc., avoid rice, potatoes, pasta, etc. or find substitutes if you feel the need to eat some of these things.  Try mashed cauliflower instead of mashed potatoes (or mix half and half for a lite version), use shredded zucchini instead of pasta, etc.

Follow your no liquids with foods rules, etc.  In other words look at what you were doing in the beginning and go back to that type of clean eating, as much as possible.

Good luck; you can do it again!!!
teresa C.
on 6/5/12 2:21 am - meridian, MS
thank you, yes i have started keeping a journel for about a month now. it does help some. as for protein i try my best to figure out witch ones are good and which ones are bad. thank u for your input.

Sweet T

hedrider
on 6/5/12 12:24 am - Midlothian, TX
The biggest way to avoid regain?  Avoiding compacency and apathy.  Staying aware and cognizent of what you are taking in versus what you are burning.  Food tracking and exercising.
Heather
Since 2008 my team has raised over $42,000 to fight breast cancer.

Larry Wassmann
on 6/5/12 12:52 am - Lacey, WA
RNY on 05/09/12
Get everything that may tempt you out of your house. Everything. If you have to drive to get something you may change your mind. If you just must have something you should not have, eat it there and go on with the program. Just don't bring it home.

If your family must have snack foods etc. give them money to buy it outside the home and require them to not bring it home. If they love you they will help. My wife is slim but she supports me in this way.

fb.png   Visit my Blog at  http://www.lwassmann.blogspot.com/                                

teresa C.
on 6/5/12 2:24 am - meridian, MS
yes sir, i totally agree with keep all bad out of the house. excet for the fact i have a husband that is a major junk food junkie.(an yes he is big) i do my best to just buy him chips which  know isnt good either. that is better than what he use to want choc & other sweets every moment he could. thank you for the input on my question. it is nice to have a place to go to and ask for support

Sweet T

chatterpam
on 6/5/12 3:04 am, edited 6/5/12 3:07 am - PA
My hubby likes his junk food too but is very considerate about knowing how it tempts me. He said not to bring the junk in and that if he wants something he will go and get it, and eat it out of the house.

I also started making some snack replacements such as whole grain crackers and reduced fat cheese, fresh fruit, reduced fat popcorn and such.

I simply can't keep junk in my house or I will eat it. The best of luck to you.

teresa C.
on 6/5/12 5:44 am - meridian, MS
Thank you for your response. I wish mine was that easy. I have been married to mie for 10yrs and he is a huge control freak. He wants it right there when he wants it. I have learned to fight the edge though

Sweet T

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 468 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 359 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 443 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?