Energy????

RCOK0011
on 6/13/12 1:23 pm - CA
I am 14 months out and I have absolutely NO energy still. I was told that this would improve the further out from surgery that I got when my food intake was greater and I wasn't having so much malabsorbtion but it is not any better. I do my labs religeously and my doctor tells me they are fine. I am not on the upper end of any but I am not defecient either. I am still struggling to drop the last 20lbs to reach goal but I am so tired all of the time.  Is anyone else having this issue???
Hugs and Smooches
Ramona

Dave Chambers
on 6/13/12 3:06 pm - Mira Loma, CA
Low B12 may be the culprit. Levels for RNY post ops should be 900-1000 and vitamin D should be 80-90.  B12 drops like a rock if you get sick, so you need the higher number "cushion" so you can recover easily.  Vitamin D levels listed assure max calcium citrate absorption, prevent a host of major cancers and neurological issues, etc.  Saying labs are "fine" and actually see lab result NUMBERS is a major difference. Always get a copy to compare supplement changes or realize you need to raise some specific supplements. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

poet_kelly
on 6/13/12 5:50 pm - OH
What's your B12 level?  Vitamin D?  iron ad ferritin?  how much protein are you getting?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

RCOK0011
on 6/14/12 1:16 am - CA
Thanks Dave!
Hi Kelly,
Here are some numbers from my last labs done in Feb. (I am due for another set of labs this month.)
B-12 is 572
Vit D is 23
Calcium is 8.9
Iron is 93
and I don't know what ferritin is.
I get in at least 80 grams of protein a day with a goal of 100.
Please let me know.
Hugs and Smooches
Ramona

poet_kelly
on 6/14/12 2:14 am - OH
Well, your vitamin D is dangerously low.  According to the Linus Pauling Institiute, we are at all kinds of health risks if it is below 80.  So you need lots of D3.

When B12 gets around 550, people often get tired and depressed.  If your B12 was just 572 in February, it easily could be below 550 now.  I would definitely add more B12.  Ideally, your level would be up around 1000.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.