11 days post op an still in hospital!

marty69
on 6/16/12 8:24 pm - MO
RNY on 06/06/12

Hi guys and gals. So I had my by pass on the 6th. oozed blood ,recieved 2 units whole blood.  developed a huge clote. the cloate abcessed. on friday they put my pike line in. and they did a drainage procedure and clote  removale saturday morning.
 I know none of this is "typical" and all that.
 I am just looking for some support from the OH community that I have come to know and enjoy .

May We All be Blessed and Valued 

marty

Lizzie S.
on 6/16/12 8:54 pm
I'm sorry to hear you've had such a bad time of it.   I hope you are soon home and this will all just be a distant memory.  My prayers are with you for a speedy and uneventful recovery from all of this.
Lizzy S

Winnie_the_Pooh
on 6/16/12 9:06 pm
Sounds like you are finally on the road to recovery.  Sorry it has taken so long for that to happen. I had a PICC line put in before my surgery because they have such a hard time putting in an IV.  It was the best thing ever.  I told the nurses they should do that for all patients.  I loved not being a pin cushion.  They loved just opening the cap and injecting in the meds or drawing blood.

Winnie

Price S.
on 6/16/12 9:15 pm - Mills River, NC
We all hear and know about complications, we just never assume it will be us.  Sorry it was you.  Hope you continue to recover and get "textbook and boring". 

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

marty69
on 6/16/12 9:53 pm - MO
RNY on 06/06/12
Thank you all for the up lifting words. It's the wee hours of the morning when a person is at that low point  that all of this takes it's toll.   

May We All be Blessed and Valued 

marty

CathyD1968
on 6/16/12 10:02 pm - OH
RNY on 04/30/12 with
I know your pain. I also had complications and was in the hospital 21 days. I had 3 surgeries in a week. BUT I can tell you from experience it does get better and it will all be worth it! Everyone kept telling me that when I was in the hospital and its hard to believe when your the one laying in that bed. Keep your chin up, keep doing what the doctor says and you will be home and on the mend before you know it! I'm here if you need to talk/vent :)  Hoping your home soon!!!
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wVe5uXv/] [img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wVe5uXv/blk-weight.png[/img] [/url]        
devalissh
on 6/16/12 10:09 pm - TX
keeping you in my prayers, hope you get home soon.
JJ_
on 6/16/12 10:28 pm
God bless you.  May you be back home soon and continue to be on the mend.

Judy
rockym
on 6/16/12 11:02 pm
 I'm so sorry to hear of your complications.  I hope you have a speedy recovery and you are home soon.  Best wishes! 

Christy L.
on 6/16/12 11:24 pm - TN
 I'm so sorry you are having such a rough time. My husband had complications and spent about seven days inpatient and it was very depressing for him.  I hope you feel better soon, this will soon be nothing but a memory!