I got a 1 ounce cup!!

Jennifer D.
on 6/17/12 2:17 am - Wareham, MA
RNY on 06/15/12
Surgery was Friday afternoon and I just got my first ounce of water!!!  I'm only about 15 minutes away from the end of my first hour, but not 75% done with my water.  It certainly is mind blowing.

Surgery went well.  I have been managing the pain with the morphine PCA, but then I get all groggy and out of it.  I walked quite a bit (maybe even too much?) yesterday.  The walking made most of the gas dissipate, just now it is starting in my intestines, I will hope for movement shortly!

Band #1... 2006 Band #2 (revision) 2008 RNY 6/15/12 (revision).    Third time is the charm!  7/30/13 BL/TT/Thigh Lipo.  THE END!!!

poet_kelly
on 6/17/12 2:18 am - OH
I'm glad surgery went well.  Why are you just now getting water?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

TamaraL
on 6/17/12 2:24 am

Jennifer,

Sounds like you are doing good.  I am also a revision from lap band to RNY.  I felt so much better when i woke up in hospital.  I over did it the first week.  I was at mall walking on day 4 and walking 2 1/2 miles in the first week.  I just felt like a new person with that stinking band out.

the gas will go away!!. #1 rule. Don't push your food restrictions. eat exactly on plan.  Don't go off of it.  Use your first 6 months to lose as much as you can.  after 6 months it will be a little slower.

Don't get disheartened if you don't lose as fast as everybody else.  I lost really really good the first few months then it slowed. i continued to lose but it was a little slower but steady pace

Tamara

Jennifer D.
on 6/17/12 2:45 am - Wareham, MA
RNY on 06/15/12
Doc wanted to be careful since I was a revision from the band and give it some additional time to heal.  Should go home tomorrow. 

Sugars have been pretty high 250-270, which is not normal for me, I guess we'll see what happens, they're giving me insulin here.

Band #1... 2006 Band #2 (revision) 2008 RNY 6/15/12 (revision).    Third time is the charm!  7/30/13 BL/TT/Thigh Lipo.  THE END!!!

Yamhillnancy
on 6/17/12 3:22 am - CA
 Hi Jennifer,
I had my Lapband-RNY last Monday; the 11th.  I am doing great also.  I got back to my room around 3pm, and by 4:30 I was walking the halls.  I walked 3 times that first day.  I am doing well at home.  The only problem I am having is getting in protein.  I hope you can go home tomorrow.
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 402 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 392 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 247 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 298 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 133 views
Recent Topics