Embarassing NSV

OKCatLady
on 6/19/12 6:16 am
RNY on 04/10/12
So night before last, I was fixing dinner and my hubby decided that he was going to put one of my favorite movies on in the living room. I didn't want to miss my favorite part, so I decided I could prepare the salad I was making in there while I watched. I gathered up the salad bowl and some stuff in one hand and the veggies in the other....my hands were FULLLLL.

On the way to the living room, I KNEW it was going to happen. I could feel the slipping......OMG....

And then it happened-

The BRAND NEW sweatpant I bought 2 weeks ago FELL. AROUND. MY. ANKLES. while I walked. And my son's friend was in the living room too. Thank HEAVENS the couch was facing away from me because my hubby had to step over and pull my friggen pants back up!!! And to think I bought these things when they were TIGHT on me!!!!

I am 2 months out and down 85 pounds already, so I should just give up the goose for a few months and purchase me some moo-moos to wear around the house LOLOL

swampwoman
on 6/19/12 6:18 am - Hampton, NJ
85 lbs in 2 months.  Wow!!! Congratulations!  What are you eating on a regular basis if you don't mind sharing?
  Today is the first day of the rest of my life!!                          
OKCatLady
on 6/19/12 6:48 am
RNY on 04/10/12
I am two months out and transitioned to "real food". I pretty much eat what I fix for my family every day, but eliminate most of the carbs and protein load it. Like if we are having a cookout, I will have mostly grilled chicken, steak, or shrimp and I will eat some baked beans for a side (added protein also)! If we are having tuna cassarole for the kids, I will make some seared ahi tuna steaks with quinoa for my hubby and I.

Since my hubby is diabetic and was placed on a diet very similar to mine(except he can eat 5 times as much as I can) it is easier to cook for us together and he can eat whatever is left of my portion that is too large for me.

And since we have 8 kids--whenever we go to restaurants, they all order different things and i just "sample" about 1/4-1/2 cup of their meals. It is a super fun way to try a variety of things without breaking the bank for an entire meal all to myself. Those rare occasions where my hubby and I are able to sneak away for a dinner for 2, I order whatever I think will set well and my hubby or one of the kids has all the rest of my meal for a snack.

Generally in a day, I start with peaches and cream oatmeal (plain instant oatmeal made with Del Monte NSA Peaches and Light Vanilla Soymilk) with a scoop of unflavored protein powder. I make this kinda watery because I don't want dry oatmeal to get stuck!!

For lunch, I have to kind of eat on the go, because I am always so busy! If I am out, I try to find a good choice for me at a restaurant or fast food place (I particularly like the black beans at Amigos or the pintos and cheese at taco bell). If I am at home, I will eat a "turkey and cheese fake-wich" as my kids call them-- I grate parmesan cheese into little fricos and get them nice and crisp in the oven. Then, I will put some deli turkey or chicken in the middle and have some yummy little mini-bites with no bread!! If I need a snack after this, I will have some string cheese or homemade beef/chicken/turkey jerky.

One of my biggest vices (still semi-good for me) is a tall SF vanilla iced soy latte with a scoop of unflavored protein powder. YUMMO snack.

When I cook for the family, my kids are all on gluten-free diets and my hubby is on an low-carb, high-protein diet like me. I usually just have whatever protein I make for him and if we are having a low or no carb side, I will have some of that as well. I always try to make a SF/Gluten-free/Low-carb dessert for the kids. Sometimes, they will just have a SF dessert-- so I can get a bit of my sweet-tooth craving on LOL.

Like tonight, they wanted SF Banana pudding with real bananas and SF Jello mix (my 10 year old asked to make dinner tonight :O )

So what am I eating--- pretty much whatever i want. The biggest thing for me is measuring it all out so I actually EAT ENOUGH. Whenever I estimate what I am eating, it is NEVER enough. My estimated '1/2' cup turns out to be closer to 1/8 or 1/16 of a cup. I am the worst "eyeballer" ever. I constantly fight to get in 800-1000 cal like my doc wants me to and so that is why I stopped trying to be calorie concious and started being more open with my diet.

I NEVER NEVER NEVER thought there would be a day where my doctor sat me down and said "you aren't eating enough, you need to focus on increasing your calories"!!! Especially since I am not hungry anymore....

kathyshrinks
on 6/19/12 6:18 am - WA
RNY on 01/18/12
LOL awesome!

LJ1972
on 6/19/12 6:18 am - FL
HA awesome!! Great feeling huh?

COURAGE TO START, STRENGTH TO ENDURE, RESOLVE TO FINISH 
                              HW 353 SW 317 Original GW 180  Current Wt  170 
                               First 5k 59:18; 5k PR 32:06;  1st 10k 1:20:27; PR 1:08:36
                                                    1st Half Marathon 2:48

Pensacola Double Bridge Run 15k- 1:47:34
                                                  Three Sprint Triathlons

april89love
on 6/19/12 6:23 am - NC
That's funny!!! Glad you are doing so well!!

Sandy

HW 225, SW 219, GW 140, CW 124

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!  

Jenni_9yrspostop
on 6/19/12 6:24 am
See-Salad doesn make you skinny - lol.

Jen 10 yrs post op RNY
Elizabeth G.
on 6/19/12 6:26 am - RI
RNY on 10/18/12
Ha ha ha ha ha. I was thinking to myself, "Don't drop the lettuce!" and then you say it's the pants that hit the floor. Hilarious.
twobabies06
on 6/19/12 8:15 am
I'm sorry, but I really am laughing so hard right now!  It is not just me that this happens to!  Congratulations!

chubarella
on 6/19/12 9:21 am - Brownsville, TX
That was funny, lol

Chubarella

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 459 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 416 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 356 views
What's on your Monday Menu?