help fever again!

marty69
on 6/22/12 5:37 am - MO
RNY on 06/06/12
i had bypass on the 6th. if you have seen my other posts things you know things did not go well. long story short after 2 units of blood,an huge clot,an abcess,pik line,drainage of said abcess and clot removal. i finally got to come home. only to feel crappy again and start running the fever again. they say normally they dont worry till fever hits 101. but sense i am up tp 100 an feel like crap go to e.r. to be evaluated. i really dont want to. i miss my kids+hubby. and am afraid they will put me back in. i want to wait an try hydrating some more and then if fever hits 101 go.  am i just being a fool? i so bad to be better. any one else go threw some thing similar?

May We All be Blessed and Valued 

marty

JUSTJUNQUIES
on 6/22/12 5:41 am - Citrus Heights, CA
RNY on 04/04/12
Did your doc tell you to go to the ER or NP? do you think it is dehydration? with all that has happened to you I would NOT wait until tomorrow when your surgeon might not be available
Please go to ER

Donna Q. --5'8" -60 years old
Band 2005
hw320 sw276 lw with band 195 gw 160-180? 
Bypass 4/4/2012
pre sw 258 lw RNY 162 cw 203

cajungirl
on 6/22/12 5:44 am
I won't say you are a fool, I understand wanting to be with your kids.  Please though, you aren't going to rehydrate yourself if you are too dehydrated without IV fluids and with your complications you seriously do not need to take chances.

Go to the ER, be safe.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

marty69
on 6/22/12 5:52 am - MO
RNY on 06/06/12
thank you ladies. yes i think i may be slightly dehydrated i get nauseous drinking water. i was hopping if i can get some water in me the temp will come down and i will feel better.  you are rite it is friday and anything over the weekend will involve the e.r.. have you all heard of troubles like these?

May We All be Blessed and Valued 

marty

Kim H.
on 6/22/12 6:39 am - VA
RNY on 07/11/11 with
101.5 by mouth is considered a fever in an adult. I see a lot of patients who have higher than normal temps during the recovery period but it's not necessarily pathological or a reason to head to the ER especially if you don't have any other symptoms. Take some Tylenol, rest, drink your fluids, and see if you feel better. I feel bad if my temp hits 100 but if I take Tylenol I feel better and typically rest and fluids will also help. I hope you feel better soon.

I am my own hero...I save myself one day, one meal, one bite, one choice, one challenge, one step at a time...