Dang! Found another food I can't eat.

kathyshrinks
on 6/25/12 6:22 am - WA
RNY on 01/18/12
I've been pretty lucky so far, having only found a few foods (eggs and certain protein shakes, then there was the cashew episode which we won't talk about).  Tried some green beans for lunch today along with grilled chicken (which I ate for dinner last night, so it wasn't the chicken).  Pain in the pouch - ouch!  Haven't felt like that since I ate too fast a few days out from surgery.  I am thinking there might have been some strings in the beans.  I would imagine those would be hard to digest.  I don't remember noticing any, though.

Oh, well.  I was a good girl and ate my chicken first, so protein is on track for the day.  Just hoping this doesn't lock me up for several hours...

manda2108
on 6/25/12 6:29 am
 You never know..I randomly have issues with chicken..sometimes it goes down just fine sometimes it doesn't. Or maybe your pouch is grumpy today..I have the same thing everyday for breakfast and lunch (mon-friday at least) and today I could only get half of my lunch in but normally I have no problem eating it all. 

sumueulu
on 6/25/12 6:29 am
Don't swear off the beans just yet, it might've been the chicken. I can eat most meats when they are freshly cooked, but if you reheated the chicken, that might've been the culprit.
I eat leftover chicken, pork chops, steak....but I eat them cold.
Sarah
hedrider
on 6/25/12 7:08 am - Midlothian, TX
Chicken is notorious for being sneaky with me.  It'll be fine one meal and a pain in the ass the next.  But then so will cooked veggies.
Heather
Since 2008 my team has raised over $42,000 to fight breast cancer.

skabets112
on 6/25/12 8:43 am
I'm the same way with chicken. Some days I can eat it, other days forget it! Hope the pain has subsided by now!

"I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me"  Phil 4:13

Larry Wassmann
on 6/25/12 9:36 am - Lacey, WA
RNY on 05/09/12
I concur with the re-heated chicken. I never have problems with anything I eat...except we re-heated some hamburger the other night. It ended up very dry and I prayed to the porcelain god for a time. Read about it in my blog...   

fb.png   Visit my Blog at  http://www.lwassmann.blogspot.com/                                

Most Active
Recent Topics