Let's get moving! Inspire me with your workout!

Amy D.
on 6/28/12 12:20 am, edited 6/28/12 12:23 am - VA
RNY on 03/13/12
Thanks for the replies, guys! Keep 'em comin'!

I do tend to work out more days than I don't, but I just don't feel like I'm pushing myself hard enough. Most days I'm not doing anything more than I was 80 lbs. ago, and I think exercise needs to get progressively more intense to really work. Of course, my husband is a runner and my mother works out 3 hours a day so it's possible that I don't have a realistic view of exercise, lol!

I would LOVE to swim but don't have access to a pool right now. I really need to join the Y. Or climb the back fence and sneak into my neighbor's pool. There's an idea!

ETA: Changed my mother's workout to 3 hours/day instead of 3 days/week. She'd kill me if she knew I didn't give her enough credit, lol!

HW: 272 lbs. (BMI 49.7)     SW: 237 lbs. (BMI 43.3)    GW: 140 lbs. (BMI 25.6)   
Dagne Tripplehorn
on 6/28/12 3:02 am - OR
RNY on 04/06/12
 Fence climbing is great exercise.  ;-)
Amy D.
on 6/28/12 3:12 am - VA
RNY on 03/13/12

lol, absolutely!

HW: 272 lbs. (BMI 49.7)     SW: 237 lbs. (BMI 43.3)    GW: 140 lbs. (BMI 25.6)   
KittenLove
on 6/28/12 12:21 am - Around Knoxville, TN
I'm a huge fan of weights - especially free weights.

If you want full body workout, check around for a Body Pump class in your area - whoa.

Be happy. 

christinalee
on 6/28/12 3:08 am - At Home in, NH
Today to keep moving, I walked back and forth across campus to a couple of appointments and meetings (it was so nice out, it was pure joy!)

Tonight I'm heading to the gym. There's a Zumba class I'll try to get a spot in (but they have class size limit so if I'm not early, I probably can't get a entry ticket). If not Zumba, then there's a cardio Anything Goes class with 15 minute Abs afterward, and if somehow that's not going to happen, then I will water jog and swim laps to make sure I keep mixing up the workouts I do. So there is my plan A, plan B and plan C.

"Just keep swimming." ~ Dorrie

Eliza55
on 6/28/12 5:20 am - PA
Some of my favorite strength training exercises are on a big exercise ball or based on a plank.

I like to do the exercise where you start lying down, your arms outstretched over your head, holding the ball.  Raise your upper body up and your legs up, and pass the ball from your hands to your legs, and hold the ball between your lower legs.  Then lower your legs almost to the floor.  Then raise your legs and upper body and pass the ball to your arms.  Lie back down.  That's one rep.

I also do push-ups with my thighs on the ball.  I "cheat" by rolling back a little, but it's good for upper body. 

For the plank, you start out prone, and raise your body onto your elbows, so your toes are on the ground, your body is staight, and resting on your elbows.  Hold the position for 30 - 60 seconds.  The side plank is similar, on the right, you put your weight on your right foot and your right elbow, and your body is straight from head to toe. 

You can make the plank exercises much harder by adding some movement, but you need someone to make sure you maintain good form.  You might try a plank, where your elbows rest on a ball instead of the floor.  It's not as easy as it looks.
Eliza
Consult:239   SW:217  1mo:195  2mo:182  3mo:169   6mo:139  9mo GOAL CW: +2 from underweight

Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 313 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 330 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 282 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 448 views