Pre surgery weightloss

mnknoyes
on 6/29/12 8:03 am - Claremont, CA
RNY on 10/30/12 with
 I'm having a hard time with losing 15 pounds before surgery. I've done pretty good for 3 days, but then at about 2 o'clock today when I was starting to feel board and lazy, I ate stuff I shouldn't have eaten. I feel sad. I know that I should give myself a break and know how hard this is...but I really want this surgery. Is anyone else having a hard time? 

poet_kelly
on 6/29/12 8:58 am - OH
Have you tried cleaning out your kitchen?  Get rid of all the stuff you shouldn't eat and stock up on healthy choices instead.  Most people will eat what's easily available.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

lksrph
on 6/29/12 9:32 am - NY
RNY on 07/09/12
 I did what Kelly suggested...because if it wasn't there I couldn't eat it. I had to lose 10 % before insurance gave the approval, along with all their other requirements. Yes, it's been very hard, but take it day by day. If that urge to eat hits, drink a water or go for a walk. If I can do it, so can you  keep the faith!

HW  327     SW  290   CW 240  GW  150             ~Luanne~

On2BetterThings
on 6/29/12 11:23 am - Germantown, WI
RNY on 04/03/12
i aint even gunna lie, for some reason i have the HARDEST time loosing weight.. and thats when i didnt even eat much maybe one meal a day? but then i just stopped eating because i got desperate (because the surgery was coming fast and nothin was workin), WHICH I DO NOT ENCOURAGE YOU TO DO.. and i finally lost it.. the pre surgery weight loss was extremely hard for me
    RNY 04*03*12

On2BetterThings
on 6/29/12 11:23 am - Germantown, WI
RNY on 04/03/12
jus try to keep your eye on the prize !!
    RNY 04*03*12

Lady Lithia
on 6/29/12 11:32 am
I lost 53 pounds from the day I began to look into WLS to the day I had it.

I said to myself, "my two big sources of bad calories are Coca Cola and Reeses Peanut Butter Cups." So I allowed myself to finish consuming what I had left, and that was it. I even had the courage to throw out the last Reeses.

I then detoxed from all the "bad whites" no white sugar, flour, bread of any kind, rice, potatoes.

I followed serving sizes and had a protein shake to replace one or two meals.

It WAS hard to begin with, but what I found is that after a week or so, it got easier. Particularly as the stuff was gone out of my house. I'm also an "out of sight, out of mind" person, so I told hubby that if he wanted any "bad foods" they had to be stored on the higher shelf in teh cupboard or the lower drawers of the fridge. If I didn't see it, I wouldn't want it as much.

It got better over time. Carbs CRAVE carbs. Having them makes you want more.

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

BWB
on 6/29/12 12:25 pm
If you keep a list of what you can eat, have it on hand, and when you get hungry enough you will eat anything...even celery. The trick is to not let yourself get hungry. Nibble a little before you get that far so you won't fantasize about comfort food. Have a variety of beverages: tea, diet hot chocolate, SF Kool aid, ice water, ice chips, etc.

Rebecki65
on 6/30/12 3:47 am - OR
RNY on 08/20/12
I'm in the same boat as you.  I need to lose another 6lbs before I get a surgery date.  It's not coming off either.  I only lost 2oz. this last week and I was so upset over it that I wanted to run to food.  But I didn't.  I had a grilled chicken salad and two mozzarella cheese sticks (we went out for dinner).  In days past I would have had a burger and fries, mozzarella cheese sticks (the whole basket), a soda and desert.

We have no "bad" foods in our home.  Everything is healthy and good for us.  No chips, no pasta, no ice cream, no cookies, etc.  I have sugar free pudding and popscicles, and crystal light.  But, it's still coming off very very slowly.  This week I'm going to add walking.  I'm going to get off my behind and just do it.

Never get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life!      
HW: 243  CW: 157  SW: 217
RNY: 8/20/12  Age: 48 Height: 5'3"

I've lost 86lbs!  Lost 90, but the honeymoon phase is over.  Now the real work begins!

mnknoyes
on 6/30/12 8:08 am - Claremont, CA
RNY on 10/30/12 with
Thank you all so much. I have gotten rid of everything bad, the problem I am having is I am supposed to have a shake for breakfast and one for lunch then dinner consisting of 4 oz of protein veggies and a salad. Dinner is amazing but I am crazy hungry all day. I just need to get used to this diet and I will be fine I'm sure.
Lady Lithia
on 6/30/12 8:22 am
some foods are practically calorie-less. perhaps you can munch on things like that... cucumbers are about 40 calories. Buy one, chop it up, munch on it all day long. You about use the same amount of calories eating it as you intake. Peel it, diminish the calories, increase the amount of "work" involved, and even the score.

It's toughest in the beginning and it's better to do all of this prior to having the surgery because this is in many ways the toughest part.

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

Most Active
Recent Topics