Falling off the wagon, 21 months post op

DeterminedE
on 7/2/12 6:18 am
Well I am disappointed in where I am.  I was 438, got down to 204 and in the last 6 weeks have increased from 212 to 232.  I have been eating poorly no doubt.  I have taken in whole wheat carbs and had too many oreo cookies.  So I am eliminating the cookies but should I go back to liquid diet stages and start over?  I am ashamed but I am stopping the insanity.

poet_kelly
on 7/2/12 6:22 am - OH
There is no need to go back to liquids and liquids probably would leave you hungry and it would probably be hard to stick to for long.

Just go back to what you're supposed to be doing now.  Protein first, little to no starchy carbs, get rid of the cookies, measure your portions, no drinking with meals, make sure you get at least 64 oz liquid a day, that stuff.

You've done amazing so far, by the way.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

hedrider
on 7/2/12 6:32 am - Midlothian, TX
 You're still 200 pounds down after almost 2 years.  Good job.

But it's painful to see the scale start creeping the other way - I'm there now myself.  Back to basics and following the golden rules should help - stop the carb creep, cut the sugar, protein forward meals, no drinking with eating.  I don't think going back to liquids would do anything but **** me off if I tried that today.

Good for you for stopping this now before it goes any further!
Heather
Since 2008 my team has raised over $42,000 to fight breast cancer.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 434 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 390 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 326 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 430 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 326 views