Starting the 5 day pouch test today...

HaoleGirl119
on 7/8/12 10:58 pm
Hoping to rid my body of carb cravings and get back on the right track. Any tips are greatly appreciated!!!
Ellen
HaoleGrl119

Allen Y.
on 7/8/12 11:00 pm - Garland, TX
 Perhaps a food journal?
Also note your emotions as you eat in the journal

macjuicy
on 7/8/12 11:12 pm - FL
Use MyFitness Pal App for logging food, I have also had a carb addiction and got rid of it logging in food on a regular basis

For Movie reviews goto my Blog 

www.gastricgeek.com

momjan
on 7/9/12 12:09 am - Canada
Follow the 5dpt and you should send the carb monster packing.  Good luck and remember; if you are following that plan, you should not be hungry at all.  If you get hungry, eat some more of the allowable food for that day.

Once off the 5dpt try to keep away from the `bad white carbs`- the potatoes, rice, pasta, bread, crackers.  Once you start on these again, you will crave them more.  With out stomachs being so much smaller, you should be able to be full on dense proteins and veggies.  Fruits secondary because of the sugars.  Follow your `first days`type food plan and you should be off and running!!
Clarissa A.
on 7/9/12 1:06 am - RI
RNY on 02/08/12
What is the 5 day pouch test? Please share.
Thanks
To be tested is good. The Challenged life may be the best Therapist - Gail Shea
Cleopatra_Nik
on 7/9/12 5:41 am - Baltimore, MD
 You are too early out to even THINK about needing to "reset" your pouch.

Technically it's a crash diet for WLS patients. You go back to eating similarly to the beginning of your eating process.

I find it objectionable for a few reasons:

1. People tend to ONLY address the physical hunger and don't take much heed to the WHY of why they were overeating or misusing food.

2. If you are further out, your pouch is not a new pouch and it never will be again. I am generally anti-delusion

3. In five days what you'd likely lose from pulling off carbs so fast is WATER, not fat. It's very easy to regain water. Thus, fueling the cycle of this "test" (that doesn't really test anything). I woudl be willing to bet if you asked 10 people who have done this have they only needed to do it once, the answer would be no for most of them.

But to each his own. I personally would rather just eat healthy, protein forward food. If you get your mind right, doing so is just as easy or difficult as the rigor of this test.

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

HaoleGirl119
on 7/9/12 11:56 pm
On July 9, 2012 at 12:41 PM Pacific Time, Cleopatra_Nik wrote:
 You are too early out to even THINK about needing to "reset" your pouch.

Technically it's a crash diet for WLS patients. You go back to eating similarly to the beginning of your eating process.

I find it objectionable for a few reasons:

1. People tend to ONLY address the physical hunger and don't take much heed to the WHY of why they were overeating or misusing food.

2. If you are further out, your pouch is not a new pouch and it never will be again. I am generally anti-delusion

3. In five days what you'd likely lose from pulling off carbs so fast is WATER, not fat. It's very easy to regain water. Thus, fueling the cycle of this "test" (that doesn't really test anything). I woudl be willing to bet if you asked 10 people who have done this have they only needed to do it once, the answer would be no for most of them.

But to each his own. I personally would rather just eat healthy, protein forward food. If you get your mind right, doing so is just as easy or difficult as the rigor of this test.
I am not doing the 5DPT as a means of losing weight but rather to rid myself of carb cravings.

Ellen
HaoleGrl119

HaoleGirl119
on 7/9/12 11:53 pm
On July 9, 2012 at 8:06 AM Pacific Time, Clarissa A. wrote:
What is the 5 day pouch test? Please share.
Thanks
http://www.5daypouchtest.com/
HaoleGrl119

latanyapal23
on 7/9/12 5:31 am
i want to know what the 5 day pouch plan too.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 302 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 348 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 306 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 304 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 75 views
Recent Topics