I Could Really Use Some Advice

brzmom
on 7/11/12 11:07 am - MO
RNY on 08/08/12
I have some of the same things you have with depression.  I take Effexor and it does help some with the anxiety, and is supposed to help with anxiety.  I always go to my dr and get xanex before I get on a plane which thankfully is not very often!  It is for anxiety and really helps.  I tend to panic before getting on a plane.  I do agree with the others just talk to the dr and tell him/her what's going on.  You have a lot on your plate right now and anxiety isn't surprising!  Good luck to you and congratulations on your decision!
seattledeb
on 7/11/12 11:49 am
 What a strong and amazing woman you are. You put yourself first and told a man that you were going to marry to move out of the house. You chose peace, safety, and yourself over drama, trauma, and probable abuse. You also made it more likely that he may chose sobriety. These are huge things. Things you have to feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllll. I hate feeling. My mom just died and I'm feeeeeeling way too much. The only way forward is to keep breathing.
 I agree that you should share how your feeling with your doctor.
Tell yourself you are strong and you chose peace. Believe your own voice.
Have a bite of wedding cake for me.
Deb T.

jewel-twin
on 7/11/12 11:51 am - Canada
First as hard as it is...CONGRATS on making the decision and sticking to it with your boyfriend... you did the right thing for you and hopefully for him too eventually.

So now you need to find ways to relax and breath... here are some small things you can do around your house to find your 'che' lol... run a hot bubble bath turn off the lights, light some candles, play soft music and concentrate on your breathing.....

Read a good book or 12...

go out with friends, go for walks. 

What about airplanes dont you like?  This always facinates me because i LOVE to fly...

Juls

Family Dr. 06/05/2012    Referral Received 06/28/2012 Orientation 08/01/2012   NP 08/27/2012
SW 08/28/2012              Nut Class 08/27/2012
NUT 10/01/2012              PS 10/01/2012
Surgeon Dr. Cyriac 12/07/2012  **SURGERY  JAN 30, 2013**

fooh.png

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/11/12 12:26 pm - OH
 It took a lot of courage for you to take that step.  Good for you. I am truly sorry that it had to come to that, but you saved yourself a lot of future heartache.

As the other have said, just explain to the doctor that you have all of these stressful things going on and are having a hard time coping right now and need something to help you out temporarily.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

clsino
on 7/12/12 1:38 am
Thanks everyone.  My appointment went well.  The doctor made me feel really at ease and not crazy at all.  She increased my depression meds and added an anti-anxiety med.  She also gave me zolfran to help with my nausea so hopefully I will be able to start eating again. 

She was concerned with my weight, I have lost 10 pounds since my last visit and that was just a month ago.  I explained I knew that wasn't good and I knew I needed to eat but was hoping that with the zolfran it would help stabilize things and get me back on track. 

I go back in a couple weeks for a follow up to see how the new meds and dosages are working.

Christy

Most Active