Discouraged

Trianni
on 7/15/12 12:09 pm - Maryville, TN
RNY on 04/02/12
Discouraged. I'm 3-1/2 months out and still can't eat anything but dairy, chili and soups. If I try to eat anything else I throw it back up. I am getting zero satisfaction out of anything I eat and as a consequence I'm wanting to eat everything in sight. My weight loss has slowed way down and I believe its directly related to these issues. I think I need to call the surgeon's office in the morning and tell them its not getting any better. Maybe they'll have some idea of what to do.
tgrlnh
on 7/15/12 12:12 pm
RNY on 06/05/12
Definately call the surgeon, this doesn't sound normal. I'm only 6 weeks out but I'm eating much more of a variety then you. Good Luck

HW 351 SW 314 CW 140 ~ Surgery Day 6/5/12 - The first day of the rest of my life!

poet_kelly
on 7/15/12 12:20 pm - OH
You definitely need to call the surgeon.  You should be able to eat just about anything at this point.  If you throw every else up, you may have an ulcer or a stricture.  You probably need to be scoped to check things out in there.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

BugdocMom
on 7/15/12 2:13 pm - CA
Sorry you are struggling. I think you are right to call your surgeon and talk with him/her about your experience. Hopefully you'll find a quick fix. Hang in there!
JaneJetson
on 7/15/12 2:41 pm, edited 7/15/12 2:43 am
RNY on 05/07/12
I take it fruits and veggies aren't working either. I am having a hard time getting turkey and chicken down. I have found if we prepare a meal with canned chicken, I do so much better. I have learned so much in the short months how one day you can eat something and one day you can't.
Go ahead and make an appointment with the doctor and see what needs to be done. Good Luck and keep us posted. This surgery is difficult especially the further out we get, more problems arise for some of us. Jane
Larry Wassmann
on 7/15/12 11:04 pm - Lacey, WA
RNY on 05/09/12
It might not be what you are eating but the amount. When I went to solid food, I had to cut back, way back to keep from getting sick. The more dense a food, the less I can eat. Most foods like chicken, beef, fish, I can only get about 2.5oz down. If I have cottage cheese, eggs, or stuff like that I can eat much more. Try to measure what you are going to eat, and try less, it works for me. I found that even if I ate less, I did not feel hungry and I was not sick. Good luck to you.     

fb.png   Visit my Blog at  http://www.lwassmann.blogspot.com/                                

dasie
on 7/15/12 11:37 pm
My limited food choices were just like yours.  I lived on the three you mentioned for a long time.  Looking back I am so grateful that was my experience. 

I too was a slow loser, but I have reached my goal. In fact I reached it this month, and I am 32 months post op.   I kept telling myself, based upon everything I read on these forums, one day everything would return to normal.  I never pushed myself when it came to eating.  If I took one bite of something and it did not feel right in my pouch, I quit eating that item.  If I felt the next bite would not sit well while I was chewing, I spit it out.  I progressed very slowly when it came to adding foods to the list I could tolerate. 

To this day, at almost 3 years post op, I eat very, very little meat.  I lost my desire for it because it took quite a long time for me to be able to tolerate it.  I do eat it, but not every day and in very small amounts.  Now that I am in maintenance, which is where the really hard  work begins, I am thankful for those early months post op.  For the first 12 months I completely eliminated processed carbs, white stuff, and concentracted on whole foods  food.  Eliminating those carbe helped control my hunger and eliminated all craving.

Do call your surgeon if you feel something is not quite right.