I want to drink a COKE!!!

Amber Isbell
on 7/18/12 12:09 pm - Devine, TX
I have been off of anything carbonated Since October 2005.  But for some weird reason I want a good ole coke!!!

HW:280, Lap Band 2005-225lbs-LW, Revision to RNY 06/05/12 -245lbs

poet_kelly
on 7/18/12 12:16 pm - OH
Does the carbonate cause you pain?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Amber Isbell
on 7/18/12 12:48 pm - Devine, TX
No the carbonate does not hurt.  I just have always beleived soda added unneeded calories. I certainly don't need extra calories.

HW:280, Lap Band 2005-225lbs-LW, Revision to RNY 06/05/12 -245lbs

poet_kelly
on 7/18/12 12:51 pm - OH
Oh, yeah, I agree with that.  When I drink soda, which is rarely, I drink diet. Regular tastes too sweet to me.  I've never been a big fan of soda, though.

Do you not like diet?  Do you think, if you drank just a little Coke, that you would have trouble stopping at that?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/18/12 12:31 pm - OH
If you want one that badly, try a small amount.  You might want to pour it over ice or let it sit a bit to allow some of the carbonation to escape (otherwise you may have some pouch discomfort or burp a lot), and might want to try just a small amount.  Some people find that they no longer like the taste of soda after surgery, so one small drink may cure your craving.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

RPick67
on 7/18/12 12:31 pm
VSG on 06/11/13
I've been off cigarettes since 2008.  I still want one every once in awhile.  Just forget about it.  You don't need it.  The desire will pass.

Cons. Wt. 394       Surg. Wt. 386        Curr. Wt.  311

Michelle P.
on 7/19/12 7:55 am - FL
RNY on 05/14/12
I drink coke zero with lots of ice, yummy!

Most Active