I'm gonna chop off all my hair.....maybe....no definitely....

Amy D.
on 7/19/12 2:14 am - VA
RNY on 03/13/12
Okay, I have an appt in the morning for a cut and color. I've had the same hairstyle (and I use the term style loosely) for just about ever and it's time for a change. I want short hair. Actual short hair and not just a few inches shorter or a bob or whatever. For one thing, I'm sick of pulling out long clumps of hair and having my clothes covered in hair. I get that short hair still falls out, but it's bound to be easier than the disgusting mess that I pull out several times a day right now!

So, since I'm still obese I have to ask....do you think that overweight women can rock short hair? Reassure me, people, that I won't just look like a pinhead or something!

My hairdresser is excited. She loves makeovers, lol. But I trust her. I think. Her shop's on the beach at least, so if I don't like it I can just walk into the ocean and drown my sorrows!

Encourage me, people!!

HW: 272 lbs. (BMI 49.7)     SW: 237 lbs. (BMI 43.3)    GW: 140 lbs. (BMI 25.6)   
swoozieq67
on 7/19/12 2:24 am - MI
RNY on 04/25/12
I think that any woman that is confident enough to chop off her hair can wear any style that they want. I used to get my hair cut a 1" all over and tapered around my ears and neck. i received more compliments then than I do now with shoulder length hair.

Go for it! It is the most liberating feeling to just do it!

Lady Lithia
on 7/19/12 2:25 am
I'm sure you'll look fine. I weathered the storm of hair falling out with long hair, but found that when the stuff started to grow back, I looked absurd with all these new hairs that were shorter, poking out of my long hair like a halo of demonically possessed hair.... medusa look... nope, I chopped my hair about 3 or 4 inches into my regrowth to make it look good. I kept it just above shoulder length until last fall, (when I was just beginning to have a new set of medusa-hair-regrowth from a different surgery) and then I let it grow. It's been hard keeping it long this summer in 100+ degree temperature, but I'm determined to leave it long until March, then I might get it cut short again. At the moment it's halfway down my back.

If your hairdresser loves makeovers, share your concern about the "pinhead" look and she'll make sure not to leave you weeping when she's done. It's freeing to change the hair when the body is also chnging. I still haven't decided which look I prefer.

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

swampwoman
on 7/19/12 2:29 am - Hampton, NJ

Go for it!! You might just be pleasantly surprised!!

Today is the first day of the rest of my life!!                          
pittgal08
on 7/19/12 2:40 am
A new hairstyle is always so exciting! When I was in college I had processed my hair so much that I couldn't even get a brush through it so they had to just chop it all off. It was so short that if I hadn't fixed it up I would've looked like a boy. Being raised in a strict Christian home I wasn't allowed to cut my hair except for the occassional tiny trim. When this happened I was so scared that I was gonna hate it, but I absolutely loved it! I got so many compliments it was crazy. You make me want to cut mine again lol. Good luck! Have a blast!

Zeigled
on 7/19/12 2:53 am - Parkton, MD
Oh....I'm not sure about this.....it may just be me because I have a rounder face but I look like a bowling ball with hair when it is short short.  Don't want to be the downer person but I don't want you to be upset later today either.  I hope it turns out like you want.
HW 357 SW 341   

marianthelibrarian
on 7/19/12 2:55 am
I chopped all my hair off when I first started losing weight with the band. I felt so much more confident, and I think shorter hair complimented the way I was feeling so well. And I was still "obese" when I did it.

Go for it!

Lapband 4/2005:  342HW, 202LW
RNY 7/30/2012: 292HW, 276SW

MBsRNY
on 7/19/12 3:00 am - Baltimore, MD
Go for it!    I'm long-time obese who hs had short hair for a long time.  The trick to avoiding the pinhead look is that you still need relatively "big" hair, even if it's short.  No head-hugging  pixie cuts. Go for something that gives you a bit of fullness and height on top.  If your hair has good body, it will work . If not, you might consider a body perm to go with it.

enjoy the makeover! 

HW 270, SW 257, Surgery date: 4/25/12...        
Lisa T.
on 7/19/12 3:09 am - Indianapolis, IN
RNY on 06/07/12
Go for it! If you don't like it, you can always grow it back out!

Height 4'11"  HW:  235  SW:  230  GW:  130   RNY 6/7/12   

cashour
on 7/19/12 3:12 am - CA
RNY on 06/06/12
I got a short haircut and everyone compliments me on it.  I think it can even make your face look slimmer - mine does.  You won't regret it, I'm sure. 

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 459 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 416 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 356 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 356 views