post op 8wks an having horrible pain

marty69
on 7/20/12 12:21 pm - MO
RNY on 06/06/12
Hi Folks. I am still havin pain. Most days I am only managing around 10 g protien. Other days cool water is painful. Has any one ealse had trouble like this? And I have agonizingly acid b.m's. also.

May We All be Blessed and Valued 

marty

poet_kelly
on 7/20/12 12:23 pm - OH
If you're having horrible pain, you need to call your surgeon.

Why are you only managing ten grams protein?  I had a lot of trouble with protein at first but I was getting about 30 grams.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

marty69
on 7/20/12 12:37 pm - MO
RNY on 06/06/12
Thank You Kelly. Yes I did call my Dr. I will see them on monday. The reason so low on the protein is because I am still fighting nausea and the pain when I try to have more than cool or cold water is just to much. I get nauseous from the smell of any food cooking and any thing sweet. The one blessing is I have not been vomiting. Thank You Lord. I keep trying different drinks and such to try and find something I can tolerate better. But this pain. This week it has gotten worse instead of better. My capacity seems to be around 1/8 to maybe 1/4 cup.Put food in it and then pain starts and I am done for a day or 2.

May We All be Blessed and Valued 

marty

Dave Chambers
on 7/20/12 1:15 pm - Mira Loma, CA
Try room temp vs chilled water. It may make a big difference to how you tolerated it.  Odors may cause newer post ops issues, but should subside with time. Even at 6 years though, I get a quesy gut when someone is cooking bacon in the house.  Try to make notes about anything unique that causes you more pain than other times. This info may be helpful to your surgeon.  You need to eat daily, not every other day.  Some people prefer to add diluted fruit juice or lemon to their room temp water to make it more appealing to them. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

juleskar
on 7/20/12 1:09 pm
I'm glad you have an appt to see your doctor. Have you tried room temp or hotter liquids? There are times just changing the temperature of the liquids makes it go down easier. I hate to say this, but you MUST find a way to get in your protein. You're almost 5 months post op, so it's imperative for your health. People's tastes change post op, so what protein works for one, may not work for another. Hard boiled egg whites are nothing but protein. Cottage cheese? Yogurt? As far as protein shakes, I like light muscle milk and Isopure Smoothies (not Isopure zero carb..ewww).
juleskar
on 7/20/12 1:11 pm
 I got the 5 months post op by your avatar, although your post heading says 8 weeks. Sorry if I got it wrong.
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/20/12 1:25 pm - OH
 What do you mean by "acid" BMs?

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.