FLINTSTONES VITAMINS

swampwoman
on 7/25/12 11:33 pm - Hampton, NJ
This one is for you Kelly. I was wondering if you could repeat the vitamins that are lacking in the flintstones vitamins that we really should get from another. I was at support group last night and someone mentioned flintstones, but I forgot what they were missing, so I just said that they were not the best choice for us. There are some things missing. I would like to go back next time and tell them EXACTLY what they are missing. Thanks in advance.
  Today is the first day of the rest of my life!!                          
poet_kelly
on 7/25/12 11:39 pm - OH
Oh, I'd love to.

First, they are low on vitamin A.  The ASMBS recommends we take 200% of the RDA of most stuff, which would mean 10,000 IU vitamin A, and one Flintstones tablet only has 3000 IU, so two of them would only give you 6000 IU.  BUT 33% of that is beta carotene, which is not absorbed well at all, so basically if you took two Flintstones, you'd only get about 4000 IU vitamin A, less than half of what you need.

They have NO vitamin K, magnesium, potatssium, selenium, manganese, chromium or molybdenum.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

swampwoman
on 7/25/12 11:49 pm - Hampton, NJ
Thanks so much. I know you have said it a million times, but I really don't know how to search this site.
Thanks again.
  Today is the first day of the rest of my life!!                          
poet_kelly
on 7/25/12 11:50 pm - OH
I think it's hard to search for stuff on here.

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Monica M.
on 7/25/12 11:55 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
Kelly, judging from the repeat questions we get in this forum and the Ontario forum, the search forum must be extremely difficult to use, or difficult to find.

avivaps
on 7/25/12 11:58 pm
RNY on 02/28/12
I've tried using the search function looking for something in particular I KNOW I have seen but it doesn't always seem to pick it up.  I find it clunky, cumbersome and often fruitless.  I do try it first but often end up needing to repost something I know was up before.

RNY February 2012

starting BMI 40

Monica M.
on 7/26/12 12:05 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
i totally get that! did you do that survey thing? there's a question about the search function on it. the "what do you want" thing that just showed up in the forums the other day.

avivaps
on 7/26/12 3:30 am
RNY on 02/28/12
 Yeah I did do it. Definitely clicked that one :)

RNY February 2012

starting BMI 40

poet_kelly
on 7/26/12 12:11 am - OH
Well, it's not hard to find.  It's at the upper right corner of the screen.  But I have found it often doesn't pull up the info I'm searching for.

Monica M.
on 7/26/12 12:13 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
i think its often not te first thing people think to do...