FLINTSTONES VITAMINS

Btrue2u
on 7/26/12 12:13 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 08/20/12
I just did a search on flintstone viatmins and it brought up some of your old posts.....

20AUG12-8AM SURGERY AT ST.JOES IN TORONTO  W/ DR SMITH                        

poet_kelly
on 7/26/12 12:14 am - OH
I bet it did!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Lady Lithia
on 7/26/12 2:41 am
Sometimes I'm blessed enough to write an inspiring post .... I sometimes use the search function to find my own post to re-post in response to a question.

I've started to put the "common answer" questions in my blog and then cut-and-paste the responses.

Is that rude?

(serious question)

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

poet_kelly
on 7/26/12 2:46 am - OH
I hope it's not rude because I have a file saved on  my computer with my answers to some commonly asked questions and I cut and paste all the time.  Otherwise I would be unable to answer as many posts as I do.  It takes too long to type it all out, plus I would get too bored saying the same thing every day.

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Lady Lithia
on 7/26/12 2:59 am
I like rewording and resaying.... but a couple times this summer I've taken well over an hour to compose a response, and thought, "hey, that really summarizes what I've been trying to say"

Now I've been looking for some topics that are ones I've said, resaid, and said again adn again.... and when I respond, I try to go whole-hog, so maybe it'll make it into my blog. Just for ease of acceess.

I like how I can givev one of my typically long responses, but not take too long.

I'm searching for a post made by Andrea U where she literally made a comparison of flintstones versus non-flintstones, added in all the other vitamins the flintstones were missing, and illustrated how they aren't cheaper (unless you only take one a day and don't care about all the other stuff)

I'm BAD at my vitamins, but I wade into the fray on this one, because I know what I should take, and I know the risks I might take if I don't.

Also, my baby brother once got his hands on a bottle of flintstones and ate the bottle. Mum had to give him some syrup of ipicac (sp) and somehow seeing sixty or sevventy half-digested flintstones in a pile of vomit.... well now way in the world I could take those from that moment on in my life.

poet_kelly
on 7/26/12 3:01 am - OH
I only do the copy and paste thing for stuff like "what vitamins do we need?" or "why do we need dry D3?' or "What should our lab values be?'  I actually type a response to people looking for emotional support and things like that.

Lady Lithia
on 7/26/12 10:48 am
Oh yeah, my blog topics have been "how I make my protein shakes" and "what to do about tailbone pain" and "head hunger" and a few other things that are long but general. I don't have a barrage of short responses to issues people are having, just the big ones that I think would get the same response, but shorter or longer depending on the time I have to give to it, so then I thought, I'll give them the long version (uh oh!) with some cut-and-paste response. But I almost always add a few paragraphs at the beginning and/or end, and/or middle. I just like to save my "long response" for personalizing.

Kim S.
on 7/26/12 5:37 am - Helena, AL
No it is not rude.  I keep an "unsent" email to myself in my inbox that has several responses I copy and paste. 

You are awesome to even care enough to share over and over. 

(deactivated member)
on 7/26/12 3:43 am
Kelly my computer at  home is acting annoying with theh cursor jumpuing all over making me retype everything and I am between appointments so will keep this sh0ort til later. At 6 mo appointment today post op my NUT recommended the stupid Flinstones to me and made me doubt all of her subsequent review of my labs saying that I should not be taking supplements of vitamin K, D, A, iron or zinc. She said they might be interfering with each other and could result in overdose and imbalance. I told her about your recommendations and she discounted them. I am so confused at this point she made it sound like my labs are all great (probably because I have been taking these additional vitamins) and that I could do more harm than good by takng these additional vitamins beyond my multi and calcium citrate.

SHe told me to listen to her and "Stay off the blogs" about nutrition information. But the fact she persists in saying Flinstones are adequate multis make me doubt all of her words!

I took notes during the apointmentn and dont have time to get into more specifics. But she just about forbade me from taking the extra vitamis I am taking.

GRRRR.
poet_kelly
on 7/26/12 5:30 am - OH
She made it sound like your labs were great?  Did you get a copy of the lab report?  If not, call the office and ask them to send it to you.  That way you can know if your labs are great or not.

And yes, if you are taking extra K, D, A and zinc and your labs are great, to me that suggests that you're taking the right things.  If you were taking too much of those vitamins, then your labs would not have been great, your labs would have shown your levels of those things were too high.

And as you know, she cannot forbid you from taking any vitamins you want to take, just like she cannot amke you take any vitamins you do not want to take.  It's your body and your choice about what vitamins to put in it.

Most Active
Recent Topics