Money Stresses and Trying Not to go back to Old Habits!

heatherambrosia
on 7/26/12 12:10 pm - GA
So, I spread myself REALLY thin this month. Didn't mean to. Had a few new bills that I thought I had it in the bag and paid them without much thought, but alas, now money is TIGHT!

In the past, I would just get a cheeseburger and chalk it up to a ****ty week and pray for my next paycheck. But now I have nothing to turn to in that way, and I realized for the first time since surgery, which was 1 year ago yesterday, that I'm completely stressed and have to just deal with it.

Bummed that on top of all of this, my money worries completely overshadowed my 1 year surgiversary.

So, I'm just breathing, coming here to vent instead of eat, reminding myself that I've come tooooo far to let one tight pay period derail me, and knowing it will all work out. I've been broker and fatter, and I made it through this far!!!
SW 343, Current below, Goal 160 & to start a family!11978920
(deactivated member)
on 7/26/12 12:21 pm
Im sorry to hear you are worried about money! It really sucks! But congrats on your one year surgiversary and making such awesome progress! You rock! The money concerns are temporary but the benefits that you have given yourself from losing this weight from surgery will pay off so much more. You know that. Having a cheeseburger or something that isn't that healthy will feel good temporarily but you will robably feel lousy after. Or worse yet you won't and you will have more and do it again. You've overcome emotional eating or eating things that aren't the best for you.

If possible you should reward yourself in ways not involving food for your anniversary. Take a day off of work and sleep in, or take a bath and light a scented candle and just meditate on the things you have accomplished. Do some online shopping and make a wish list of something you will buy for yourself when money isn't as tight and circle it  on your calendar. Or go to a makeup counter at Macys and test some pretty smelling perfume and get a free makeup application with some samples.

You have a lot to be proud of, too much to throw it away by a small temporary financial setback. You can do this!
heatherambrosia
on 7/26/12 12:24 pm - GA
Thanks Laura! That's exactly what I needed to hear! Yeah, there was neither pomp or cir****tance for my 1 year and I think I was a little bummed. BUT, this was MY change, and I'm the one reaping the benefits, so I agree... it's time to start window shopping!
Skinnygirlme
on 7/26/12 12:56 pm - UT
RNY on 09/05/12
 Vobgras on your 1 year! Also for making a better choice to vent here than eat!!! U can do this!!!!
  I believe in me...the best is yet to be!                        
avivaps
on 7/26/12 8:54 pm
RNY on 02/28/12
 Now the REAL work begins huh?  Finding ways to deal with the rest of our lives in a healthy and constructive way is, I suspect, the crowning glory in our weight loss success stories.

Congrats on your one year surgeversary. You have mad fantastic progress and should be VERY proud. On top of that, today was a victory in food choices and perhaps a perfect way to celebrate your anniversary :)

I hope the financial situation improves soon.  Good luck on the rest of your journey.

Andrea. 

RNY February 2012

starting BMI 40

BWB
on 7/26/12 9:01 pm
I heard a commentator say, recently, the rich aren't rich anymore. So there are a lot more like you. Including me.
Cleopatra_Nik
on 7/26/12 9:08 pm - Baltimore, MD
YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

In the 4.5 years since my surgery I've dealt with

-being perpetually broke
-a near break up with a really good friend
-a break up with a boyfriend
-my brother getting my house raided by the cops
-my brother totalling my car and having to buy a new one with my first car note in YEARS
-My mother dying
-Giving up my home to a short sale

And all that was really hard. You know what I found out though? My coping mechanism isn't even food by default anymore. When mom died I naturally felt ths urge to walk. And walk. And walk. Not for cardio...not necessarily even fast. I was like Forrest Gump or something. It took my mind off of things.

I hope you find such a coping strategy. And keep ya head up!

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

heatherambrosia
on 7/26/12 10:01 pm - GA
Thanks to you all for letting me know that I'm not alone. I suspected as much :)

Nik - thanks for that openness. I know this too shall pass... and now I just have to be sure that 1,000 extra calories don't pass my lips just because of it. HAHA

You all are the best. Thanks for the support. Yes, I do feel victorius today!
jbuntyn
on 7/27/12 1:07 am - apple valley, MN
Thank u for posting!!!! I am only 8 weeks out and sometimes I cant see the future! We were almost the same weight the day of surgery and u have doner sooooo well!!! Congrats..I also can see the money issue, it sux!!!
~JENN~

heatherambrosia
on 7/27/12 1:47 am - GA
You're off to a great start, Jenn! Keep up the good work and thanks for taking a minute to keep me encouraged!