my date!

hisndngrl
on 7/31/12 4:58 pm - OK
RNY on 08/15/12
August 15th it is! I am scared, nervous and excited..I was told I would need to give myself injections once I was dismissed for 7 days.My mind was racing at the time and didn't think to ask what for. I also purchased the 10 day diet supply,I was required to buy the bariatric advantage shakes ( I got strawberry,orange,and chocolate) and the bars, and also a powdered soup mix..How nastyis this stuff gonna be? Lol I have heard it was ok, it was awful, and not so bad...Wish me luck guys!
Missy A.
on 7/31/12 5:10 pm - NC
RNY on 08/17/12
Wishing you luck! I, too, had to by the bariatic advantage for my pre-op diet. I start tomorrow, so I guess I will find out then how it taste...lol

The injections you have to give yourself are probably a blood thinner to make sure you don't get a blod clot. My doc told me the same thing today.

Missy

Missy

HW:348 Consult W:320 SW:295 Current W:156 GW:140

Angelena1978
on 7/31/12 5:17 pm - TN
RNY on 07/24/12
 I didn't have to give myself injections at home, but I did get a shot of heparin every 8 hours while I was in the hospital...if that is what you have to do, it wasn't bad at all...they gave them to me in the stomach area and I barely felt them...let's face it, I have some extra padding...lol. Good luck! 

Angela 

Btrue2u
on 7/31/12 5:57 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 08/20/12
wishing you all the best

20AUG12-8AM SURGERY AT ST.JOES IN TORONTO  W/ DR SMITH                        

icnside
on 7/31/12 11:08 pm - Chesapeake, VA
You will be taking heparin shots for a total of 7 days. While you are in the hospital, the nurses will give them to you. My doc gave me the choice, I could have home health come out and give them to me if I wanted. They taught my non-medical husband how to do it and it was a breeze. They just put a tiny needle in your love handle, there is just a little sting.

Jillychilly
on 8/1/12 12:57 am - Cedar Rapids, IA
RNY on 08/14/12
 Good luck!  Yours will be the day after mine and I am feeling the same way!
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 466 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 425 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 441 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views