Struggling.very badly

hisndngrl
on 8/5/12 10:36 am - OK
RNY on 08/15/12
What is wrong with me? The protein shakes are making me sick,maybe I'm making myself sick. Day 1 of the diet and ive thrown up,had diarhea,I've tried watering down the shakes,mixing with ice,and even frozen it n attempted to eat like ice cream. Is this some sort of mental block?
soozieq
on 8/5/12 10:47 am
Have you tried other brands of protein shakes?  Are you using protein powders or pre-mixed shakes?  Have you tried switching up the milk you're using with soy or almond milk?
Suzanne    RNY:  4/17/12  -   HW:  267  -   SW: - 256  -   GW:  150           
Jilly Bean
on 8/5/12 10:50 am - IN
RNY on 07/09/12
 I can't and won't drink protein shakes.  HATE them.

Surgery weight:  232 lbs. / Goal: 145 lbs. Height:  5'5"     Fat? Ain't nobody got time for that.

Erika P.
on 8/5/12 10:58 am - Birch Run, MI
 I am the same way...something about them makes me sick! Idk but one I did find I could tolerate in a smoothie like way was the unflavored unjury. You gotta play around with them and get creative, like use plain non fat Greek yogurt put in any flavor packet of crystal light w/ some frozen fruit in a blender...it's hard I know...we ALL know :) I'm almost 2 months out and still struggling to get it in..

mat0174
on 8/5/12 11:01 am
I am really not aware of what you are, or aren't allowed to eat, so these are just some suggestions that I don't know if youd be allowed to use or not. You could try sweetening them with some splenda, adding sugar free chocolate syrup, try a different shake mix, mix in some sugar free liquid coffee creamer to add some flavor, hazelnut is awesome. These are just ideas to make them more palletable. Not sure what you're restricted to.
Zeigled
on 8/5/12 11:15 am - Parkton, MD
I hate the shakes too!!!  I was able to get ISOPURE grape down but that was about it.
HW 357 SW 341   

ctinnell
on 8/5/12 11:18 am - TX
I am right along side u...I am 13 days post op that is my biggest issue now. It has taken a lot of trial ( and vomiting) to find ANY protein I can tolerate. What is working best for me now, is mixing a scoop of Jay Robb Egg White unflavored powder with Activia Light yogurt. That gets in about 30 grams over 2 meals. I have also been able to drink the Jay Robb Whey Strawberry mixed with skim milk. It tastes like strawberry Quik to me...and I'm very very sensitive to tastes and smells! Good luck! It's hard, I know.

mat0174
on 8/5/12 11:29 am
Im just curious, since when I had surgery, there was no preop shake diet, whats the purpose of it? I was asked to lose 10lbs just before surgery, but that was it, no shakes.
njsmm0812
on 8/5/12 11:45 am - Tucson, AZ
RNY on 07/16/12
 My diet was a two weeks befor surgery 2 shakes a day and one small meal.  After surgery I had three shakes a day and slowly introduced a 1/2 egg and tomorrow I get to add a 1/4 cup of certain protiens.  I can't make my shakes with milk, jus****er.  What I have discovered is that some or most shake brands are yuky.  I bought some at costco and was like water. You can return it no questions asked.   I tried to save money and buy some at walmart. Yuk like water. I sold it to a friend who uses it for working out.  So then I went to GNC and they had an individual bottle for sale and I tasted that.  I bought some ready mix drinks. They are ok but I get bored with them.  Long story short I was told to use Toriani sugar free flavors. You can buy them with a large selection at Cost Plus World Market. It makes the shaked more bareable.  For examply right now I am drinking a chocolate shake with Amlond Roca and Rasberry.  There was a post before that had different recipes. I need to look for it.  Good luck. Let us know how it works.

Alyssa
iisme
on 8/5/12 11:49 am
Protein shakes made me sick, especially if I put fruit with them.  Be gentle with new pouch. Remember, hydration first, protein second. Do what you can. It will all fall into place.

10 pounds loss pre-op
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 434 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 390 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 325 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 430 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?