bypass test?

cudagirl15
on 8/6/12 2:43 am
 i have seen many people on here discuss a test to see if you're pouch is still working right. I am almost 8 months out and want to make sure mine is working. i started out at 262 and am currently 180. i am getting very off track on the weekends and want to make sure that i get on track. does anyone know what the test is or where I can find it? Thanks :)
Joy B.
on 8/6/12 3:17 am - MD
RNY on 06/04/12
Its called the 5 day pouch test. you can find it at www.5daypouchtest.com and also a video on

youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0KitGTBeng

Hope this helps.
Pupcake !.
on 8/6/12 3:43 am - Stranded in, IA
 I have a quicker test.

Broil a chicken breast, measure by  oz, chew slowly and do not drink while eating- see how soon you feel full.  It's still 2-3 oz for me at almost 9 years out!

Pup

No surgery has been harmed/defamed by the writer of this post.  
RNY 10/28/03 305# 8/11/04 147#  9 years out and >75% EWL!

wendydettmer
on 8/6/12 8:13 am - Rochester, NY
making poor food choices isn't a reflection on if your pouch is working. getting on track requires mental work, and a 5 day pouch test can't do that for you.

Follow my vegan transition at www.bariatricvegan.com
HW:288    CW:146.4   GW: 140    RNY: 12/22/11  

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 8/6/12 10:25 am - OH
The 5DPT "test" doesn't actually TEST anything!  It just takes you back to all liquids over again and it reinforces the same old diet-deprivation-regain mentality theAt kept evey one of s obese for years. It is a fad diet for RNYers. Your pouch doesn't just "stop working".  It is the size it is.  What changes 90%of the time is what (and how much) people choose to put in it.

Why not just commit yourself to eating the same way you eat on the weekdays during the weekend? That will reinforce the healthy new eating habits not a diet mentality.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.