Surgery 2 days away and i'm getting nervous

tparham1
on 8/6/12 7:05 am - Royal Oak, MI
OMG!!! ....After 8 months of waiting the time is near, I get my surgery in 2 days and all of a suddent the nerves kicked in. How can you be SUPER excited and nervous and scared all at the same time. Any last minute advice for me with what to expect?

artroxy blue
on 8/6/12 7:12 am - MA
RNY on 08/14/12
 Good luck! 
Shay123
on 8/6/12 7:42 am - AL
RNY on 07/19/12
 I had my surgery on 7/19/12 and I felt the same way.  After it was all said and done I felt silly for spending so much energy being worried and nervous about it.   I got out of the hospital the day after my surgery and really didnt have any pain after that day.  I was sore for a few days but no bad pain.  Good luck to you!!
JennLyric
on 8/6/12 9:05 am
 Your fear is totally normal.  The excitement, the fear...all of us have been there.  Did your surgeon tell you what you can expect in the hospital?  Everyone's experience is kind of different and we all made it through.  I was a wreck, believe me.  I was in the hospital for 3 nights because I had a drain.  My lapband was removed in the same surgery.

I had the procedure on June 29 of this year and I'm doing fine.  I wish you all good things and welcome to a healthier, happier life.

Jennifer
samsander
on 8/6/12 9:17 am - CA
This is so normal......

The only advice I have to impart per-surgery is this:

If the pain meds they give you in the hospital don't help.... request Liquid Lortab!

I was on stuff that was much stronger and it barely made a dent (morphine and something I was told was even stronger)..... For about 12 hours I thought I would die. Then a nurse tried the liquid Lortab and it coated the exact spot of my pain like a warm blanket.

Since then, and almost 2 years later, that is the only story of hardship I have ever really encountered in this process!

Mary SW 273  CW 158  GW 160

(deactivated member)
on 8/6/12 10:23 am
That's totally normal, you will do great, just think positively and believe in yourself. I was terrified and crying the last few days before my surgery and on the day of my surgery but the staff were all very understanding. Best of luck to you!
Carmen C.
on 8/6/12 10:32 am
RNY on 08/08/12
I am also having surgery Wednesday - I have to be at th doctors at 5:30am.. I am so FREAKED OUT!!!

Had RNY on 8/8/2012- revision from Gastric sleeve in 12/2008-  
LOST 5.8 POUNDS POST-OPT

Leanne43
on 8/6/12 10:54 am - , Canada
RNY on 06/04/12
Good luck ladies!!

tparham1
on 8/6/12 12:16 pm - Royal Oak, MI
Thanks so much for the warm wishes and great advice, i appreciate it.

65rosesmom
on 8/6/12 12:25 pm
 My surgery will be on Thursday and I'm equally nervous.  I know that the chances are good that things will go smoothly, but I just can't help worry.

Heather   Mom to 3  
Surgery August 9, 2012
HW = 225, SW= 205, CW 135 

Most Active
Recent Topics