My appointments with Dietician, Surgeon, and Psychologist.

jmillz
on 8/7/12 11:05 am - MD
RNY on 08/27/12
I am so excited to have this surgery!!!! All of my appointments went great and they all think I'm a perfect candidate for this surgery. Now all I have to do is play the waiting game with Blue Cross/Blue Shield, I hope I will find out some good news soon!
GraceGirl
on 8/7/12 11:09 am
Good news! Waiting is the hardest part!

"If you're interested in achieving success, you'll do what's convenient. When you are committed to success, you'll do whatever it takes."

Candy V.
on 8/7/12 11:13 am - MI
RNY on 09/12/12
I understand completely, I have a tenative surgery date of 9/12/12 and still no final approval from insurance. I have Priority Health. They told me to call back end of next week. Waiting is so stressful!!

RNY 9/12    TT 9/13    HT 5' 4"   HW 250    SW 242   CW 125

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want a group invite?  Send a PM  

heidi12472
on 8/7/12 11:19 am
 Good to hear.. I have really enjoyed this sight to keep me motivated and encouraged. 
Sherrie P.
on 8/7/12 11:32 am
RNY on 02/06/13
Finished my last step yesterday. Playing the waiting game with ya!!  Good luck.

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

CarolinaKelly
on 8/7/12 11:38 am - NC
RNY on 08/29/12
Should be good news soon. I, too, had BCBS and they were super quick in responding. Good luck!
jmillz
on 8/7/12 11:42 am - MD
RNY on 08/27/12
Thanks everyone for the support!!! Some of my family members don't understand what I'm going through and keep asking, "are you sure you want this surgery", i just they would support my decisions.
a_dmond_n_the_ruff
on 8/7/12 12:21 pm
RNY on 09/17/12
Welcome to the waiting bench......last stop to the loser's bench!!  I'm trying to be patient, but it's killing me lol.  And honey, a lot of people won't and can't understand where you are.  Whether it's because they've never had a weight problem, they're scared for you or whatever.  Only you know what's best for you and you can't drive yourself crazy wishing they'd support you.  If they don't or won't, find someone who does.  Find support groups in your area or maybe ask at your surgeon's offce if there's anyone who would be willing to talk with you...someone's who's been through it.  And, you can always come on here!!  Good luck and keep us informed.

Shannon
Leslie Stout
on 8/7/12 11:44 am - IA
I've gotten all my prerequisites done as well.  Finally finished up last week and just wondering how long it will take to hear from my surgeon.  I have Medicare/Medicaid, so I don't have to have an pre-approval.  So here I sit tapping my fingers and wondering.  I'm gonna kill some time by going camping for a couple of days and then hitting up an a support group and hope I get some more tips from others who have already gone through this.  You guys are an amazing bunch of people to share your lives the way you do and i want you to know how much it is appreciated.

Leslie

vivking48
on 8/7/12 12:18 pm - MN
RNY on 08/01/12
You should know soon.  I also have BC/BS and they approved within a day!  Good luck.  It will be so worth it!

Highh        

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 449 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 404 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 337 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 435 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?