Home from hosp. And OMG at the gas!!!

Tami Smith
on 8/8/12 7:18 am - Duluth, GA
RNY on 08/06/12
 Just got home from hosp a couple of hrs ago RNY and hernia repair went good. Husband forcing me to drink. But OMG at the amount of gas!!!! I walk walk walk and no avail. I massage my belly and no help. Gas x. No help. Wouldn't be bad at all if it wasn't for dang gas!!!
moet321
on 8/8/12 7:24 am
Feel Better!! Moet
 Small changes today will impact the results I receive tomorrow...Taking this journey one day at a time ;) Moët 

Surgery Date 9/12/2012         
chatterpam
on 8/8/12 8:30 am - PA
Hang in there - mine was awfulness too... nothing helped pass it but I found that moving around made it feel better...

kcarlson0814
on 8/8/12 9:14 am - CA
RNY on 09/10/12
someone posted a few weeks ago that yellow mustard helps the gas, something about the vinager in it.. blah blah... I have no idea if it works but can't hurt, right?    When I had lapband a while back and had the gas, I flapped my arms up and down like a chicken while walking and that helped.. I looked like a dork but I didn't care at the time..

Feel better soon.
HW: 300 / Lapband Low: 247 / RNY: 9/10/12          
a_dmond_n_the_ruff
on 8/8/12 9:37 am
RNY on 09/17/12
From the couple of abdominal surgeries I've had, I always had really bad gas trapped.  It finally went away on the 5th day...like I woke up and it was GONE.  But I tell you, it made me cry until then.  Hang in there.

Shannon
AKoro
on 8/8/12 11:33 am - GA
RNY on 07/31/12
 Hang in there! Just keep walking and try a warm cloth where the gas is settling most. I did that and it helped a bit. I am 9 days out and it has finally worked its way out!

On another note, glad you are out and relatively ok. Hope to talk to you soon!
Eighth_Wonder
on 8/8/12 3:39 pm - AK
RNY on 07/26/12
 I passed gas about 3 days post-op, and I have to say it was the best feeling ever! The best piece of advice, though, that I got from someone, is to pass gas on the toilet....because you never know what will follow. Glad I followed that advice!! LOL

PositivelyPammy
on 8/9/12 10:16 am - CO
RNY on 07/16/12
OMG!! I TOTALLY hear you!  I could not pass gas for the life of me after surgery.  It was awful.  My stomach felt like it was going to explode.  The walking thing? pffff didn't help me.  I would literally walk around for HOURS and nothing.  Finally after 5 miserable days of that I took a colace (stool softner) and went to the bathroom and alllll the gas came out after.  I was constipated and it was blocking the gas from coming out.

Since you're just home from the hospital, this probably isn't your problem, but just be aware of it.
Princess Brandy
on 8/9/12 10:49 am - PA
 It was awful! I had gas but it ended up n my shoulders and neck. I had so much pain it was awful!
        http://poundsago.blogspot.com/.  My daughters weightloss blog, would love if you all support her in her journey. 
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 428 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 385 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 303 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 427 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 303 views