Just got home from the hospital

tparham1
on 8/9/12 3:38 pm - Royal Oak, MI
 Well I had surgery yesterday and the recovery isn't as bad as I thought it would be, it just hurts to move or blow my nose but if I stay still I'm good. I could eat a little of the liquid diet and drink fine but was scared and wasn't sure how much I should eat, is it 2 oz of liquid?

Princess Brandy
on 8/9/12 3:40 pm - PA
 Congrats,small sips. I think they told me 1 ounce every 30 min at first, no more then 4 ounces an hour.
        http://poundsago.blogspot.com/.  My daughters weightloss blog, would love if you all support her in her journey. 
JUSTJUNQUIES
on 8/9/12 3:47 pm - Citrus Heights, CA
RNY on 04/04/12
I pretty much drank all I wanted , sipping of course , I had no problems and thought the 1 oz. cups were a joke. I just drank out of a regular cup in the hospital and a couple of spoonfuls of broth.
Things may get a bit worse before they get better , at least that is what happened in my case

Donna Q. --5'8" -60 years old
Band 2005
hw320 sw276 lw with band 195 gw 160-180? 
Bypass 4/4/2012
pre sw 258 lw RNY 162 cw 203

rynbiz
on 8/9/12 3:51 pm - Surprise, AZ
VERY SMALL SIPS LIKE SUPER SMALL SIPS i AM LEARNING NOW I JUST SIP ALL DAY

GraceGirl
on 8/9/12 3:53 pm
we were guided our sips should be 2 tablespoons.

"If you're interested in achieving success, you'll do what's convenient. When you are committed to success, you'll do whatever it takes."

tparham1
on 8/9/12 4:01 pm - Royal Oak, MI
 Thanks guys, to be quite honest I'm a little afraid to eat with it only being the 2nd day. Tomorrow I plan on drinking an isopure juice which has 40g of protein in 24oz and a premier protein shake that has 30g of protein in 11oz. Will this be enough for the whole day?

DisneyLover
on 8/9/12 4:34 pm - WI
early on you need to be worried most about fluids and not about eating.  It is SUPER easy to dehydrate and that will lead to a ton of problems.
you should always have some sort of liquid in your hand every minute you are awake and constantly sipping.  As you heal you will be able to take bigger drinks.

Good Luck!

Sarah

brenlee1965
on 8/9/12 4:41 pm - New Berlin, NY
You are on the Stage 2, right....Full Liquids! Just refer to your information that the doc & nutritionist gave you and you will be fine. Just sip, sip, sip that beverage (try to incorporate protein shakes/powder with the beverage)....no actual food at this point. My food at this stage is s/f jello, broth, s/f pudding, thinned s/f applesauce, thinned soups, thinned babyfood(and strained), low sodium v8 juice, thinned cream of wheat, s/f carnation instant breakfast. I don't know if yours differ, but you get the idea (no real food, food). Are you hungry?
 Bren                
owlisn
on 8/9/12 4:42 pm - NC
 Sip, walk, sip, walk.  Those should be your only concerns.  I too could never just have 1oz. I tried drinking a shot glass every 15 minutes, but that was hard.  Just don't drink more than 4oz at a time, but other than that, you should be fine.

Also, beware of cold water at first.  Your pouch might not like it. Mine didn't and would cramp up.
Allison

marilynmonroesmile
on 8/9/12 5:05 pm
 Congratulations. Good Luck in Recovery! 

Most Active
Recent Topics