will i ever feel good enough?

CV-22WIFEY
on 8/21/12 6:10 am - mary esther, FL
Hi all been a while since i posted was in the UK for 6 weeks!!

real quick my question is i am 8 months out have lost 130 pound which is great and i am very proud of,BUT i am still fat and a plus size i have gone from a large 34 to a 22,i have slowed down on my loss which i know is normal,i think it is more a head issue than a body issue!! lol
Tx

scarlettbegonias
on 8/21/12 6:19 am - Australia
RNY on 10/19/12
I just wanted to say what a sensational lose!!
I know the brain takes awhile to catch up with the body but your defiantly doing something right keep up the great work the next 133 might come off a bit slower but you'll get there in the end!
Sherry T.
on 8/21/12 6:29 am - GA
RNY on 05/22/12
Wow, that is awesome!! So hope I can follow in your footsteps!!  As I sit here and need to be out walking!!   I am starting out bigger than you were but realize we made this commitment for life and we just have to take it a day at the time...easier said than done....I'm letting a 2 pound gain just totally ruin my week.  I'm eating right but I do NOT feel like exercising.  My knees have been hurting like crazy and I'm letting that deter my exercise.  I go to the doctor in the next 9 days for my 3 month check up and I want to be lower than I am now....since surgery I've lost 45 lbs with the 2 lb gain....I really wanted to be over 50 closer to 55 but unless I miracously start losing, it's not going to happen.    Definitely a head issue for me!!  I have half a closet full of size 22/24 clothes I want to fit into ASAP.  I think as soon as I got into them I started gaining it back.  yes, I've been here before but lost the weight on Weigh****chers.  

We just have to stay the course and it will happen.  Now, with that said..going to go lace up the sneakers and hit the streets for a short walk.   

Hang in there!!! 

Sherry

Karen P.
on 8/21/12 6:39 am - CO
RNY on 02/13/12
That's a great weight loss and you need to remind yourself of your successes!

Yes you will get there it just takes time.  You didn't get to your highest weight overnight, it won't come off that way either. 

Congrats on the 6 weeks in the UK!  I'm jealous.  Did you see the Olympics?

34 to a 22 - that's 6 to 8 size right?  That's great!

You'll get there, just have some patience with yourself.

Kim S.
on 8/21/12 7:02 am - Helena, AL
To all of you:

Only you can decide when you will feel "good enough".  No one can do that for you.  You have chosen to improve your health and possibly save your life by having WLS.  This was done on your guts, not your head.  The head part is up to you.

Sadly, many obese people do not feel worthy of love, respect and admiration from others or even themselves.  Other people will reflect to you the way you feel about yourself.  The most important person in your universe should be Y O U.  Y O U are worthy of that kind of love and respect.  Give it to yourself first, and the world will follow.

If you woke up tomorrow as a size 8, if you don't love and respect yourself, it would not be good enough.  But if you love and respect yourself, IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT NUMBER IS ON THE TAG IN YOUR CLOTHES!  Hold your head up high, and look in a full length mirror (clothing optional!!).  Find SOMETHING  about yourself that you like.  Your smile?  Your eyes?  A dimple?  Your hair?  Your hands or feet?  There has to be something that you like.  Then look that beautiful person in the eye and tell her how great that thing is!!  Do this often-repeat hourly!  Write notes of praise to yourself when you've done something good-like lacing those shoes up for a walk!

Set small goals for yourself that are NOT weight related.  Try fitness goals.  The one thing that made my confidence skyrocket was accomplishing things with my body that I'd never thought I could do!  And I started exercising regularly at 324 lbs and with arthritis in both knees. The first time I ran for a mile without stopping, I cried.  The first 5k-I will never forget.  The first 10+ mile hike in the mountains......a memory I'll cherish forever.  And don't even get me started about how it felt when I could finally do all of the P90X workouts without crying like a girl! 

The weight loss will happen.  But it is just a number.  The overall goal you should strive for is to love and respect the you that you are, regardless of the number on a scale or the tag in your pants.  AND GUESS WHAT?  YOU ARE SO VERY WORTH IT.

Love you for you, warts and all.  Praise your accomplishments, and be forgiving when you stumble.........YOU WILL STUMBLE.  Those aren't failures, they are speed bumps.  And while a speed bump slows you a bit, it does not STOP YOU.  Our mistakes are the textbooks from which we learn. YOU CAN DO HARD THINGS.

You are all beautiful, special, courageous people!  Celebrate and love you-EVERY DAY I DEMAND IT!!

Hugs

Melyssa S.
on 8/21/12 8:50 am - Lauderhill, FL
RNY on 06/12/12
 Wow Kim well said! So true many of us don't feel worthy of love, respect etc.. It really is a head issue
HW 247 SW 224 GW 140                  
Winners never quit and quitters never win. Vince Lombardi

(deactivated member)
on 8/21/12 10:37 am
I know plenty of thin people with self-esteem issues. Plenty of thin people end up in abusive relationships, have addictions, depression, etc. If weight were the sum of our issues stemming from self-esteem, then by that logic, they should not have those issues. It's in their head too, not their fat cells.
sugarbabyhoneypump
kin

on 8/21/12 12:36 am, edited 8/21/12 12:36 am - IN
 I'm struggling with body image issues too.  It's tough.  It's funny but it seems more pronounced now that I have actually started losing weight.  It is a head issue.  But you are doing great and you are working the program as intended.  Just keep in mind that you are making progress toward a long term goal of being healthy, not just trying to get skinny.  That thought always seems to keep me grounded.

((Hugs))
~~Sonya~~
(Roux-en-y 07/05/2012) Heighest Weight/Surgery Day Weight 240lbs     
Dee.spunk
on 8/21/12 8:03 am - Sacramento, CA
I agree with Kim S. you need to find what you live about you and focus on that and it really does help. It sounds corny to do it, but when I was in high school, for whatever reason, I would get up every morning, look in the mirror and tell myself, "You are the most beautiful girl in the world!" and I believed it. I wasn't conceited or anything, but for some reason I needed to hear it from myself and it helped big time. I never had low self esteem even at my biggest (size 28+) You just gotta live yourself for you, faults and all. You are beautiful!

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

Day_dream_believer
on 8/21/12 9:54 am
I have no advice, but I wanted to let you know that you are not alone.  I have lost 150 pounds and am at my goal weight.  My cholesterol and bp are both low.  Yet I still am not satisfied.  This morning at the gym I was watching the other ladies and thinking I will never look like that without tons of plastic surgery.  I could try to lose another 10-15 pounds, but I don't think that would satisfy me>  To be honest  I don't even know if it is possible.  My body seems happy where I am even if my mind isn't. 

130 pounds is great.  You have done amazing and I don't think you are done yet.  Take a picture of how you look now and compare it to how you looked a year ago.  I bet there is a huge difference.   

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 449 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 405 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 337 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 435 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 337 views