I'm hungry!

cclopez
on 8/26/12 5:18 pm
Also be careful about increasing your liquids too much - I have done alot of research on this as I have been physically hungry since the first week post op - the liquids flush the food out of your stomach faster and mitigate the feeling of fullness - and if you are only eating 2 oz of food per meal, it is probably getting flushed out right away.
karenp8
on 8/26/12 5:33 pm - Brighton, IL
I haven't had surgery yet but on my program at 8 weeks we will be eating about 1 cup of food for each of three meals a day. No wonder you are hungry!!
Kermit P.
on 8/26/12 6:05 pm
I was surprised when I felt hunger early out....some of us do have the feeling return and FAST! There is no way I could have ate just three times a day....I still eat something every few hrs now. Your calories can be higher and as long as it is protein focused I would add in some snacks or small meals. Also I discovered with some research that acid can mimic hunger and I went back on prilosec and that helped me hunger keep at bay in between meals.
Good luck!

~~Jennifer
HW/232       CW/145.2       GW/???
Sonogrrl
on 8/27/12 4:04 pm
RNY on 05/22/12
I didn't read all the responses...but, aren't the medicine cups "fluid ounces"? I would be measuring ounces in weight perhaps, like with a food scale. I think that would be different, no?
RNY 5/22/12      27.5.bs lost pre-op      
icnside
on 8/28/12 9:09 am - Chesapeake, VA
I wish that were the case, but I was told not to measure on a scale and only use the medicine cups - weird, I know. I just got off the phone with my nut, and she said that I am eating the correct amount for this stage in my recovery. I call this the "starve a gerbil" phase.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 59 replies · 350 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 499 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 569 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 30 replies · 289 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 59 replies · 350 views