Popcorn

BeccaM76
on 8/27/12 4:26 pm
Do you eat it? If so, how much?

PamelaNJ
on 8/27/12 4:32 pm
I first ate popcorn when I was about 7 months post op. But I try to avoid it now because it is just too easy to eat too much of it.  I could literally eat an entire microwave bag, the regular size not the 100 cal size, and not get full. It just doesn't seem to fill my pouch!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Working on becoming a healthier me!

(deactivated member)
on 8/27/12 4:42 pm
I get the single serving mini bags. That way, if I want to overeat it I have to go make a second bag, which I never do.
cajungirl
on 8/27/12 5:20 pm
Peat it occasionally. It's definitely one of those things you can eat a lot of. I also get the snack size bags to control the amount.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

BeccaM76
on 8/27/12 5:22 pm
Thanks everybody! I'm not going to make popcorn a daily treat, but it'll be nice during a movie every once and a while.

christinalee
on 8/27/12 6:29 pm - At Home in, NH
I take a brown paper lunch bag, put in three tablespoons of popcorn, fold over the top edge a couple of times, and microwave for 3 minutes. Then I drizzle 1.5 tsps of canola over it, sprinkle on salt and enjoy. It makes 3 cups of popcorn with no unpronounceable chemical additives.

"Just keep swimming." ~ Dorrie

AmberLee72
on 8/27/12 7:07 pm
Thats a great idea Christina!!!
Amy D.
on 8/27/12 7:12 pm - VA
RNY on 03/13/12
I can eat popcorn way too easily so I only get the 100 calorie bags and try not to eat it too often. It also always causes a gain the next day and even though it's temporary it's not worth it for the psychological effect that has on me. So it's an occasional treat for me.

HW: 272 lbs. (BMI 49.7)     SW: 237 lbs. (BMI 43.3)    GW: 140 lbs. (BMI 25.6)   
poet_kelly
on 8/27/12 8:51 pm - OH
I eat it probably a couple times a week.  I can eat almost a whole bag of microwave popcorn and I'm not talking about the 100 calories bags, either.  However, after having my blood sugar crash a few times after eating too many carbs, I've started eating less popcorn and having a piece of cheese with it for some protein.

Tonight I wanted something crunchy and salty but I made roasted chickpeas instead.  They take a long time to roast, though.  Popcorn is so quick and easy.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Larry Wassmann
on 8/28/12 6:24 am - Lacey, WA
RNY on 05/09/12
There is a lot of junk in those pre-made microwave popcorn bags. Most of them have way to much fat and salt. An easy way to avoid that is to get an air popper that way all you get is the popcorn no extra stuff you may not need. However, I have only so much pouch space and would rather have something with protein in it that keeps me from getting hungry. I love popcorn and I know me, I would eat it all day long and have it way too many times. If you are stronger than me, then go for it. One of the problems I have is going to a movie and smelling popcorn. I find myself thinking about finding a little old lady that I may be able to beat up and take her popcorn from her…but I resist the impulse …. So far.   

fb.png   Visit my Blog at  http://www.lwassmann.blogspot.com/                                

Most Active
Recent Topics