At what point post op could you have been in a wedding, in a corset!?

shygirlxoxo
on 8/29/12 1:04 pm - savannah, GA
RNY on 12/04/12
We have laughed and joked that my sugery is going to be right at the time of my sisters wedding. Unfortionatly it looks like it all may be coming true. I have to go for my pre-op clearance and then get my date on Sep.14th. My sisters elaboratle pirate themed wedding that i have been busting tale to help with and plan in on Oct. 13th! As maid of honor, I HAVE to be in this wedding. So here is the thing, how long after surgery do you think you could have stood (for maybe a 30 min ceramony), perticipated in festivities after and heres the kicker, worn a corset.LOL I know but again its a pirate themed wedding and our wench outfits all include elaborite,custom corsets. Any thoughts?

-Anna  HW: 401 | SW: 377 (12/04/12) Blog: http://notfattabulous.blogspot.com

artroxy blue
on 8/29/12 1:23 pm - MA
RNY on 08/14/12
 Can you put your surgery off until after the wedding? 
Dee.spunk
on 8/29/12 1:29 pm - Sacramento, CA
Yeah, I'd try to have it til after. You won't enjoy it, and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have been able to stand anything tight in my stomach, much less a corset.

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

Oxford Comma Hag
on 8/29/12 1:33 pm
Time for some creative costuming. Lace your corset loosely. It needn't be tight. It is for appearance only, yes? You can give the illusion of being a pirate wench without being uncomfortable.
shygirlxoxo
on 8/29/12 1:34 pm - savannah, GA
RNY on 12/04/12
Yeah...thats what ive been thinking about. I REALLY need to get it over with but if i will be miserable then i may just have to put it off :(

-Anna  HW: 401 | SW: 377 (12/04/12) Blog: http://notfattabulous.blogspot.com

Oxford Comma Hag
on 8/29/12 1:38 pm

Talk with whomever is in charge of the costuming right away.  Most people wear their corsets incorrectly laced and adjusted. The idea is support, not only for the bosom, but for the back as well.

A month post op seems a bit soon to wear anything tight, but it can be adjusted so it will stay up without being tight.

good luck

MrsLitch
on 8/29/12 2:52 pm - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12
I photographed a 12 hour wedding 12 days post op. Other than needing my hubby to assist by carrying my camera gear because I wasn't allowed to lift it, the day went perfectly fine. I did have time to sit between the ceremony place and reception (30 mins) and I sat for dinner but otherwise all went well. I know I could of stood for the ceremony because I did :D as for the corset part? I had my binder on for 8 of the 12 hours it actually helped most of the day.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

Jocelyn F.
on 8/29/12 4:41 pm - VA
RNY on 07/28/14
I would just wear it loosely laced, enough to make sure you maintain good posture but no tighter.

My concern wouldn't be the outfit so much as any responsibilities you have as MOH. If you will have a lot to do in the weeks leading up the wedding you may or may not have the energy depending on how things go with your recovery.
(deactivated member)
on 8/29/12 8:41 pm
I agree with Jocelyn.  Weddings are high stress as it is and you may not even have any energy or be well enough to do it all.  You may have an easy recovery or you could have complications  and no one can predict how they will do after surgery.  I  have read too many posts with people saying they had no idea recovery could be so tough.  I am not trying to be a doggy downer, just give it a thought about re-scheduling your surgery.  Jane
rynbiz
on 8/29/12 7:27 pm - Surprise, AZ
I would put surgery off because your belly is going to be swollen for a while so you ain't getting into a corset anytime it takes six weeks just for insides to heal im still swalloen and I had open rny 8/6