Home surgery was Thursday morning

ashleym6888
on 9/1/12 11:30 pm - CA
RNY on 08/30/12 with
 I got home this morning. Having a hard time getting my fluids down. I feel most of my trapped gas is in my chest. Is this normal? I don't need the pain meds as much as I needed in the hospital. Any suggestions ?
wmamey
on 9/2/12 12:54 am
RNY on 06/18/12
Sounds like me after surgery. Most important keep sipping!! I got dehydrated and had a complication from that. Also, I too felt that the gas was in my chest. I actually had a partial collapse of the bases of my lungs. Keep moving!!
Walk, walk, and walk some more!
Good luck!

JJ_
on 9/2/12 2:16 am
Welcome home.  You need to keep walking to make the gas move and to keep tooting it out.

If you need the pain meds, use them!  It does get better over time, but please do not be a martyr.

Welcome to the bench.

Judy
(deactivated member)
on 9/2/12 5:38 am - WA
RNY on 08/21/12
Try being propped up as much as possible while sleeping so your chest doesn't feel so weighed down and yup, walk as much as possible to help move the gasses out. Congrats and welcome home!
BWB
on 9/2/12 10:23 am
 My surgery was  exactly a year ago.  It was hard to keep up with the liquids, protein drinks etc.  Try not to stress out over it but be consistant in your effort and as your stomach heals it will get much easier.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 245 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 267 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 314 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 272 views