Surgery Date 9/27/12

sybibi17
on 9/9/12 6:10 pm - Rockville, MD
I'm so scared and somewhat confused about whether or not I want to do this.  I guess I am afraid of what I will look like after the surgery.  My legs, arms, butt, and breasts.  Will everything be sagging. I know these concerns are so superficial and unimportant, but I am so scared.  I have been walking about 4 miles on the weekend just to get myself ready for a continuous workout regimin. 

For those who have had the surgery, did you have doubts and concerns? I am a 33 years old 320lbs female who is suppose to lose 5% of my weight.  I have started my liquids and have been as I stated prior walking.  Unfortunately I have not weighed myself because I again, I am so afraid and worried that I have not completed the goal that was set.

I know everyone's body is different, have various shapes, and weight proportions, but I was wondering could anyone assist me on what exercises, I should do to get my arms to a nice descent size?  What foods were eaten for the first two-three weeks of your post-op? Was there any complications?  Were you able to travel after a week of the surgery?  is it true that your age can be considered a factor when losing so much weight (meaning will there be a lot of skin hanging)?

I would appreciate anyone's assistance and yes, as I have stated before I know everyone's experience is different, therefore I would appreciate any positive and truthful feedback.

Thanks,

Margaret G.
on 9/10/12 7:11 am - Middletown, CT
Hi,
It sounds like you and I have a lot in common. I have some of the same worries that you do, I have my first appt with the doctor tomorrow 9/11 and I hope to get some of these issues out of the way.

Please stay in touch, and we'll help each other through this. I live in CT.

Peggyg2012
sybibi17
on 9/10/12 7:16 am - Rockville, MD
Thank you for the response.  Good Luck on your consult.  I would like to keep in touch and bounce information off one another.  What part of CT, I live in New Rochelle, NY about a year ago.  I often would travel to the CT state line!
Margaret G.
on 9/10/12 7:32 am - Middletown, CT
I didn't expect such a quick reply, but I'm glad to hear from you. I live in Middletown, CT,  in Middlesex County.

I look forward to talking to you, and will let you know how I made out at the doctor.
Most Active
Recent Topics