SUPER TMI (sorry)

cuddles010982
on 9/11/12 7:10 pm - Mt
I have been having trouble with diarrhea for a over a month now. During the last couple of days I have noticed mucus in my stools. Is this a cause for concern? I have never seen it before. It is usually clear but sometimes there seems to be a very small amount of blood. Has anyone every had this problem before. I am 6 months post op tomorrow. Thanks

~Heidi
The quest for excellence is a life long process
LJ1972
on 9/11/12 7:30 pm - FL
do you eat fatty foods? (not necessarily fried even, just higher fats / oils etc like peanut butter even)

The blood "could" be lining from being irritated with the diarrhea, but anytime there is blood in your stool I would highly recommend getting it checked out
wmamey
on 9/11/12 7:39 pm
RNY on 06/18/12
You should definitely be making an appointment with your PCP. You should probably take them a sample so that several different tests could be run like cultures. Mucous is often seen with a terrible infection, C. diff, in which you also have diarrhea - another symptom. Better safe than sorry so save some and get to the doctor.

Allen Y.
on 9/12/12 4:16 am - Garland, TX
 I agree with others, if in doubt see the Doctor, but  all that you should try adding a fiber pill to your diet at least till the  real runny stuff goes away. 

You don't need to go overboard, just a little makes a difference. I think it's good for you anyway.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 362 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 332 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 196 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 117 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 0 replies · 5 views
Recent Topics