2 Years Ago Today

Suite1
on 9/14/12 7:35 am - Dayton, OH
Today is my second surgiversary.   I lost 100% of my excess body weight (130#) just before my first surgiversary, but in the past several months have put back on the ten pound bounce back and for the most part, I'm fine with that.  I can tell you I get more compliments from people about how great/healthy I look.  When I'm at the lower weight, I have people telling me I"ve lost too much and need to stop and they ask how I'm feeling.   I'm still wearing size 4s so I just keep an eye on it.

My life has changed in so many ways - it's just a grand exploration tour of the world and myself.  I've learned "I won't know until I try it" has subconsciously become the way I live my life.  I'm finally comfortable in my own skin and evidently I emit nothing but self confidence and a huge smile.   People comment all the time on how happy I seem.   Boy are they correct, I've never been happier in my life.   My husband & I explore all the time - each other, our community, our thoughts, our world.   He finally has the play mate he's always wanted, someone to ride or walk by his side and challenge him to keep up!

For those of you wondering if you're making the right decision - trust your instincts.   I realize you are probably worried that you will fail at this attempt to lose weight just like every other.  It is possible, but all I can say is follow the plan your surgeon & nutritionist give you.  Do what they tell you to do, when they tell you to do it and make it a habit and routine just like brushing your teeth.    Face it, we're all pretty good at losing and gaining, but maintaining has been the trouble spot.   So this time around, make getting really good at maintenance your goal and you'll be fine.

This is me the Christmas before surgery at 280#.   My avatar shot was taken April of this year and I'm wearing my daughter's prom dress.
HW:  280  SW:  262.5  CW:  150
  GOAL!!!!   One week shy of my surgiversary!

LBL, TT, BA on 3/2/12 - Dr William Rigano  

Jewelsstevens
on 9/14/12 8:08 am - Crandall, TX
RNY on 09/18/12
You look AMAZING. Thank you for your post. My surgery is Tuesday and even though I have not had any 2nd thoughts as of yet, your post solidifies my choice even more for me.

Do you mind of I ask you about your exercise plan/program? I love the definition that your body (especially shoulders and arms)has. I would like to achieve similar results.

avivaps
on 9/14/12 8:18 am
RNY on 02/28/12
Wow, what an awesome transformation.  I especially love how full and happy your life sounds.  Keep working your tool and enjoying your new life.

Thanks for the encouragement.  Your words come just at the right time :)

Andrea.

RNY February 2012

starting BMI 40

ready2be140
on 9/14/12 9:57 am - WA
RNY on 08/29/12
 I am just out 3 weeks - so still a long ways to go on my journey-and found your post very inspiriational!!    Congratulations on your second surgiversary! 
Kallen27
on 9/14/12 10:37 am
What an inspiration!!!

wendydettmer
on 9/14/12 10:40 am - Rochester, NY
you look amazing. congratulations on your continued success and thank you for sharing!!

Follow my vegan transition at www.bariatricvegan.com
HW:288    CW:146.4   GW: 140    RNY: 12/22/11  

cajungirl
on 9/14/12 12:17 pm
Do you mind if I post the prom dress picture?  I'll do it here and if you prefer I don't I can delete it.  It's much easier to see the comparision when both pics are on the thread.

BTW, you look AMAZING, love the dress WOW.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Suite1
on 9/14/12 12:48 pm - Dayton, OH
Thank you so much everyone for the kind comments.   One of my tenants is a personal trainer and I work out with him 3x a week.  Originally I just worked out 2x a week.   I had plastic surgery last March - lower body lift, partial tummy tuck and breast augmentation - so about 3 months before we upped it to 3x and I've just never stopped.

He has me to a lot with kettle bells, TRX cables, ship ropes, medicine balls and a cable machine - oh yeah, and planks.    I also get testosterone pellets every 3 months to help with hormonal imbalances so I think that really helps with the muscle definition.   We had a very hot summer this year so I didn't ride my bike as much as last summer - but when my hubby & I go out, we normally go 15-20 miles this year - sometimes as much as 30 last year.

What a wild ride it has been.

tg
HW:  280  SW:  262.5  CW:  150
  GOAL!!!!   One week shy of my surgiversary!

LBL, TT, BA on 3/2/12 - Dr William Rigano  

BWB
on 9/14/12 2:31 pm
 Remarkable change.  Congratulations.  

tulips52
on 9/15/12 8:57 am
 Congratulations!!!! You look gorgeous!!!!! 

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 454 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 413 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 353 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 436 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 353 views