Post-Op Taste Change

Chirs H.
on 9/13/12 5:51 pm - Wichita Falls, TX
 Question for those that have problems with things tasting bad - were you picky eaters before the surgery or is the change? 

I have no sense of smell due to way too many sinus problems, so I'm hoping this works in my favor. 
Chris

Don't quit before the miracle...

alwaysbrandi
on 9/13/12 6:05 pm - NY
RNY on 07/03/12
Not picky at all. Things I used to love I can't even handle anymore. I loved sweets and even smelling them now makes me recoil, it's so weird. Sometimes I even crave things I've never liked.

HW : 320 - SW : 284 - Surgeon's GW : 169 - My GW : 140

Dave Chambers
on 9/13/12 6:29 pm - Mira Loma, CA

Most of who were obese did not get there by being picky eaters. Almost everyone has a tastebud "transition" and may also be sensitive to odors too.  Your favorite foods prior to surgery may not even be to your liking post op.  I had minor issues with odors too. BUT, even 6 years post op, I feel nausea setting in when I smell the odor of cooking bacon. Whenever someone cooks bacon in my home, I run an errand, or use any excuse to leave the house for 15 minutes or so until the odor is minimal.  DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

BWB
on 9/13/12 6:57 pm
There could be a number of reasons why our taste changes. My food didn't taste the same after surgery but it has come back for the most part. I do think that it is also due to the medicines and supplements that I take during the day. I know that my vitamin and calcium pills leave an after taste that lasts a long time.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 453 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 410 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 350 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 436 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 350 views