weight gain after 8 years????

supermom2dan
on 9/24/12 3:36 am - MountJoy, PA
Okay i have something weird going on...After 8 years, I have ate the same as I have the whole journey, done everything the same except treadmill. I have gained about 25 -30 pounds between Feb and July?? And i seem to be swelling in feet and hands also my area between, right below boobs is swelling everytime i eat or drink( where my pouch is) Im not sure if all that is connected to the weight gain?? Im wondering if anyone did the pouch re start  or the 5 day test??? Please let me know your outcome, Im so dissappointed and concerned .....
MrsLitch
on 9/24/12 5:37 am - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12
swelling in the feet could be water retention and it could be from a multitude of things. Add to that the swelling in the chest and I would go see a doctor immediately.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

sugarbabyhoneypump
kin

on 9/24/12 6:42 am - IN
I don't think you weight gain has anything to do with your WLS. You are retaining water. Lots of it. You need to get to the doctor right away. I'm an RN. This sounds serious to me.
~~Sonya~~
(Roux-en-y 07/05/2012) Heighest Weight/Surgery Day Weight 240lbs     
Allen Y.
on 9/24/12 5:47 am - Garland, TX
 Yes get to the Dr. and have him look you over, if you have swelling in your ankles you could very well be retaining water. Ask to be put on a diuretic and quit putting any salt on your food.

Laura in Texas
on 9/24/12 6:58 am
Do you weigh and/or measure everything you eat? Are you tracking your food?? I think we can deceive ourselves into thinking we are not doing anything differently when indeed we are.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 9/24/12 10:14 am - OH
I agree with Sonya (that it sounds like you are retaining a lot of water and need to see a physician), but I also agree with Laura (that if you are not tracking your food, your should do so in order to be sure about what you are eating).  Those of us who are a number of years out can tell you that it is very easy to allow more carbs to creep in over time or to have portion sizes to get progressively larger, both of which can result in weight gain.

I would see your physician and double check what you are eating (and how much).

The 5 day pouch test is nothing more than going back to liquids for a few days and then gradually adding food back in.  It is a fad diet for RNYers.  You would be better served to go back to eating as you did when you were first cleared for all solid foods... Eating almost all protein (and protein first at every meal) with small amounts of fruits and veggies and no "white carbs".  That will reinforce your healthy eating habits.  All the 5DPT will reinforce is the old diet and deprivation cycle that kept us all obese before surgery.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

supermom2dan
on 9/24/12 8:02 pm - MountJoy, PA
Thanks everyone for your insite. I made an appointment with my surgeon( I still see mine yearly) im not due till Nov but stepped that up. I do believe im retainning water bad, also been going to the bathroom alot more..Im afraid it all has something to do with my kidneys, because of the bathroom issue. Thanks so much again!
dasie
on 9/24/12 8:02 pm
You need to make an appointment with your doctor.

Most Active
Recent Topics