I'm home, and feeling great

Dolladollabill
on 10/1/12 3:07 am, edited 10/1/12 3:08 am - CA
Well I had my surgery on Friday. My Doctor is Douglas Krahn. Not much of a bedside manner doc. But gets the job done. I can care less if the doctor is friendly and make me laugh and all that. I want a doctor that knows what he's doing and if he is proud of his success... Even better. Basically I'm a prove it kind of guy.

I have felt hardly no pain since I stopped taking the Morphine the evening after my surgury. Sure I had a couple shots of the liquid norco, BTW, that stuff made me feel like a kid being forced to take cough syrup. Tastes sooo BAD. Yuk.Gas is a pain in the butt... Err, gutt. Can't wait to pass all this gas. At least I won't have to blame the dog or that barking frog.

I started walking in the hospital as soon as possible. I know it is important. I met some other patients that were having a rough time. Their doctor was not mine. Some were feeling a massive amount of pain and were hunched over while walking. I hope they get to feeling better soon.

Drinking lots of fluids, had my first protein shake this morning and am going to have a pureed scrambled egg for lunch. I'm looking forward to the texture... lol

Anyway, I have no regrets. at this point and looking forward to meeting that guy in the mirror I have never seen before.

Annie_Anaba
on 10/1/12 3:13 am
RNY on 08/27/12
My doctor isnt a people person either but he seems to be a good surgeon. Now if I can get passed the next visit with with him I'll be ok, lol. Congrats on surgery and welcome to the losing side.

moet321
on 10/1/12 3:14 am, edited 10/1/12 3:14 am
 BEST WISHES!! You sound strong, confident and happy..meet you on the losers bench.im about 3 weeks or 19 days out ;)

Small changes today will impact the results I receive tomorrow...Taking this journey one day at a time ;) Moët 

Surgery Date 9/12/2012         
Missy A.
on 10/1/12 3:25 am - NC
RNY on 08/17/12
Congrats on your surgery. You sound great! Glad you're not having any complications.

Missy

HW:348 Consult W:320 SW:295 Current W:156 GW:140

Bellaluna468
on 10/1/12 4:01 am
RNY on 10/26/12
 You sound great for having gone through what you did!  Keep up the positive attitude and it only gets better!

sharoncarrie
on 10/1/12 4:17 am - Garland, TX
Congrats on your surgery & smooth recovery! Here's to your continued success!
Dolladollabill
on 10/1/12 4:39 am - CA
 Thanks everyone. I am looking forward to learning my limits and earning my success. Right now I just need to learn to not drink too much. Wow, talk about uncomfortable.
Most Active
Recent Topics