Wishing I would've never done this

a_dmond_n_the_ruff
on 10/3/12 4:17 am
RNY on 09/17/12
Today is a bad day.  I'm sick of the whole thing.  It has consumed my life as nothing else ever has.  I'm tired of worrying if I'm getting enough water, protein, etc. because I know I'm not.  I try so hard only to fail everyday.  The scale hasn't moved in a week and I'm feeling like a failure.  I'm 2 1/2wks out and wishing I'd never done this.  Everyone says it gets better, but right now I could care less.  I just want to be normal.

Shannon
HW: 260 SW: 254 DOS:227 CW: 175   27lbs lost before surgery

poet_kelly
on 10/3/12 4:22 am - OH
You're not failing every day.  the scale doesn't move every day or even every week.  Doesn't mean you're failing.  Just means you're normal.  That's an OK thing to be.

What's hard about getting the water in?  I bet you'll feel better if you get enough fluids for a couple days.  How about making that your main goal for the rest of this week?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

a_dmond_n_the_ruff
on 10/3/12 10:17 am
RNY on 09/17/12
Kelly, it's really not the water it's everything else.  Although I do fall a bit short with it some days. Thanks for your reply

Shannon
HW: 260 SW: 254 DOS:227 CW: 175   27lbs lost before surgery

StephWantsToSki
on 10/3/12 4:25 am - CO
RNY on 09/28/12 with
 Hugs!  My obsession with food consumed my whole life before the surgery.  Thinking about what I was going to eat next and how I shouldn't eat it next.  I know how obsessions can be all consuming and terribly debilitating.

I hope you can find time to do something for yourself tonight that doesn't involve food, protein, weight loss, etc.  For me, I will light all the candles in my bathroom, put in sandlewood oil, and play soft music while I take a bath.  What are your pamper yourself activities?  Pedicure, movie, trip to the library?
Calla Lily
on 10/3/12 4:27 am
RNY on 01/23/12
I can remember being a couple weeks out and have a few days where all I could do was cry, and say what have I done to my self! In the moment, it does feel like when people tell you it gets better, easier, and you do feel normal again (or rather a new normal) you just dont want to hear it. Please remember why you did this, and even tho you dont want to hear it right now, it honestly gets SOOOOO much better! I remember having days feeling just like you are feeling. The truth for my own experiance, is that around 4 months post op for me, I started feeling more like myself and normal again, and with each month there after, it just gets better and better! For me, I didnt know it would take SO long to feel better... hopefully for you, it wont take you 4 months, but I just want to be honest about my own experiance, just in case it takes you a few months as well.

RNY 01/23/12, HW 265, CW 115, Height 5'6"

Larry Wassmann
on 10/3/12 5:00 am - Lacey, WA
RNY on 05/09/12

Yes it is the same feeling for many of us. I was thinking what did I do to myself but I knew it was only a matter of time until I would die from some complication of obesity. Now I am almost 5 months out and starting to feel great. I am on a menu plan that I like, and I can do so many things I never could do for years. Just keep your chin up and know many of us have been where you are and are now feeling normal again and it is great. You will get there just stop thinking so hard about it and relax. The weight will come off in the next year or so, we are not in a race. You can do it.

fb.png   Visit my Blog at  http://www.lwassmann.blogspot.com/                                

hedrider
on 10/3/12 5:00 am - Midlothian, TX
 That is perfectly normal.  Your life has changed, it's been flip turned upside down and inside out!  A HUGE comfort has been taken.

This WILL consume your life for quite some time as you retrain and relearn how to eat and live your new life, but I promise it gets better.

It really does!
Heather
Since 2008 my team has raised over $42,000 to fight breast cancer.

(deactivated member)
on 10/3/12 5:05 am
2.5 weeks out sucked for me! Actually it all sucked until about 6 weeks. Your buyers remorse is so common!

You're not failing, you're adapting. I had all the trouble you're having too. Most of us have. 

You WILL be normal soon enough. Hang in there.
swampwoman
on 10/3/12 5:07 am - Hampton, NJ
Try to be patient. The changes to not happen overnight. I know it seems overwhelming at times and you question yourself. Try to do something that makes you feel good. There are other things in life besides eating. I hope you find peace with your decision soon, but it may take a while before you feel back to your "new" self. One day at a time!! Good luck on the journey. You will be glad you took this step as time goes by.
  Today is the first day of the rest of my life!!                          
Laura in Texas
on 10/3/12 5:13 am
I see we had the same surgeon. Have you spoken to him? I love Dr. Davis. I'm sure he can offer you some help. But really, it does get better. You say you want to be "normal". You do realize if you had stayed obese, you would never be considered "normal". This surgery gives you a fighting chance.

Are you in Houston?? I'm in Cypress.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 473 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 430 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 363 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 447 views