11years post-op, severe gas pains in my back, leak?

Kath442
on 10/9/12 8:20 am - Punxsutawney, PA
I get gas pains in my back and ribs frequently. It's an awful feeling and I have to walk around, bend over, lay down til it passes. It never lasts more than a few minutes but it's very painful.

Had RNY in 2001, went to my family physician today, she suggested a possible leak. Anyone else ever have this happen or even hear of it?

Thanks in advance for thoughts and comments.
Kathy
mickeymantle
on 10/9/12 8:25 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13
sounds like a kydney stone , very painful, but usually passes by itself
Kath442
on 10/9/12 8:28 am - Punxsutawney, PA
Mickey,

The pain engulfs my whole torso sometimes.. This has been on and off for a few years now, could it be a kidney stone for this long?
M M
on 10/9/12 8:37 am
 ER.
Kath442
on 10/9/12 8:39 am - Punxsutawney, PA
Having tests done.. Getting it figured out. Just curious if anyone else ever experienced this.
kisha
on 10/9/12 12:53 pm
exactly.

Will I ever get to my goal weight!!!            

Larry Wassmann
on 10/9/12 8:41 am - Lacey, WA
RNY on 05/09/12
Maybe gal bladder? I had problems with mine for 30 years.

fb.png   Visit my Blog at  http://www.lwassmann.blogspot.com/                                

Kath442
on 10/9/12 8:44 am - Punxsutawney, PA
Nope, gall bladders been gone for 16 years.
slrm2m2
on 10/9/12 1:25 pm - Canada
 please let us know what they diagnosis the problem to be.   Can you get a leak years after surgery?  I never knew this and would like to know more and what to look for....just in case.
I hope the problem gets better soon!  Good luck.
Sandy  Surgery Jan.18,2012 with Dr. Timothy Jackson at TWH.

Chihuahuan
on 10/9/12 2:11 pm - New York, NY
RNY on 05/16/12
 The doctor suspected a leak and just let you go? Wow!  That is just crazy.  If you in deed did have a leak you would develop peritonitis and be VERY sick and for the doc to just let you walk out of there if they suspected that is very amazing to me.  I hope that it just turns out to be a stone or something else and that it passes quickly!