A lady question and also got my date for my RNY

AmberF
on 10/9/12 12:34 pm - Atlanta, GA
RNY on 12/12/12
This Friday I have my surgery to remove my lapband and today I started my period. I went today for my preop appointment and did all my registration and stuff at the hospital but forgot to tell them. This may sound silly but will everything still be able to go as planned? Should I call or just tell them when I go in on Friday morning for surgery? On a happy note I lost 11 pounds on my 2 week pre op diet and also my RNY will be on december the 12th!!!! YAY! My surgeon did tell me that once my band is removed in his words I will feel ravenouse! (dont know if I spelled that right) he doesnt want me to gain any weight before my RNY and told me if I cant control my hunger that he will prescribe me an appetitie supressant. Im nervous about surgery on Friday but I know its a step I have to take to get to my RNY
devalissh
on 10/9/12 1:26 pm - TX
I was having my cycle when I had my surgery 1wk ago tomorrow it will not be a problem
Amielouwhoo
on 10/9/12 10:34 pm - Layton, UT
RNY on 08/27/12 with

I would have him prescribe you Phentramine for controlling your hunger. My Dr. Gave it to me when I was on man 2 week pre op diet. It helped me immensely.

anewbeginning2012
on 10/9/12 11:12 pm - IN
RNY on 10/01/12
 Mine started the day of surgery...it wasn't a problem. It stopped 1 day after, then restarted. I heard the surgery messes with your hormones, and cycles.
 Kris        
Sara O.
on 10/9/12 11:39 pm - NC
RNY on 03/12/12
I was on my period when I had my surgery back in March. Its not a big deal. Just let them know the day of your surgery and they'll give you a pair of mesh panties and a pad(thats what they did for me).  Good luck! :)
artroxy blue
on 10/10/12 12:21 am - MA
RNY on 08/14/12
 Not an issue. Just let them know when you go in for your procedure, and they'll help you out with it. I got my period (again) the night after surgery, and the nurses were wonderful about it. 

chowell
on 10/10/12 1:02 am - marietta, GA
RNY on 10/04/12
I did the same thing in the middle of the night the night before surgery, i just told them when i got there and they handled it, just dont wear a tampon, I also stopped the next day after surgery and restarted two days later. I just had my surgery 10/4/12

Cecily Howell                

alwaysbrandi
on 10/10/12 4:14 am - NY
RNY on 07/03/12
The anesthesia they used to take the band out probably caused the period to start. RNY caused mine to start 2 weeks early. Just call and let them know and they'll have a pad, etc. ready for you.

HW : 320 - SW : 284 - Surgeon's GW : 169 - My GW : 140

Most Active
Recent Topics